***new Bike, Need Your Opinion***

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
bike is done. however, the throttle is wide open and does not allow me to stop it. i think there might be a bind in the throttle cable which is not allowing the throttle to close. so i think i should free up the throttle cable i think there is too many bends in it.what do you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have noticed when I zip tie my cable it will hang up...try cutting the zip ties for the throttle cable and see if it helps.

Be sure you have you carb slide in the carb right.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It looks like you could lower that engine in the frame a couple of inches by putting that front mount flat onto the frame.
You could also re-route the throtle cable to take all the bends out of it.
It's also missing the adjustment screw on the top of the carb & the cable is VERY close to the exaust pipe!
You can cut the cable to a better length with a dremel tool!

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
bike is done. however, the throttle is wide open and does not allow me to stop it. i think there might be a bind in the throttle cable which is not allowing the throttle to close. so i think i should free up the throttle cable i think there is too many bends in it.what do you guys think?
Oh yeah, that cable has more curves than Marilyn Monroe... Try eliminating some of that.

Attachments

Last edited:

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
yep, fixed it. the pin going into the carb was in to far so the throttle wouldn't release. i fix it and it works great. i just got back from a 6 mile ride and it works great. i'm going to attempt to ride it to work tomorrow. 9 miles one way :ride2: thanks for the help!!