Tortuga Bikes RatRodBobber got redone

GoldenMotor.com

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
I removed the dirt pounder gas tank & welded up some new changes on the frame. You can see the changes from the old photo. Motor had to be offset so the chain clears the 3x24" tires. The wheels are of an old rollfast bike. Ape hangers handle bars were made from 5 pieces of handle bars. 36 tooth rear sprocket is welded to the hub. BoyGoFast motor is working out really well. Tank brackets a hidden. Bobber is 6" longer than stock.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recreative82

Jul 30, 2010
Corpus Christi Texas
I would have to agree that the red one looks fantastic! I'm not a big fan of the ape hanger style handlebars myself. And the way the white tires go with the rest of the bike really well.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Yo I definatly like the new look to your bike. Those whitewalls are dope and hows you get them too fit, any clearance issues?

I would bring the bars back a little bit to a 90 degree angle, just my opinion.:)

Sick bike man

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
So the fuel tank is welded into the frame? I like it being a lower profile that the stock family jewel getter.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Ok the clearence thingfor chain and tires,,,,it looks as if you changed the chain and seat stays,,would it be possible th add the front curve of the left side chain stay forward and then it would clear the chain and eliminate the Idler that messes up spokes ?(there is no crank gear to get in the way on that side)

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
I reworked some stock forks to get some longer wheel base. The work on the bottom was to make them even stronger. They handle really good. I used the same fork in the 2009 Death Race here in Tucson.