It ain't purdy

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Last night while visiting the board I decided to change the handlebars on the sissy schwinn. I decided this morning to make a shot and post it with the old one as well. So here goes.

this is how it looked before I painted it and put on the different bars. What you cant see in the original is the rust and scratches from the old electric drive I had on the bike.

this is what it looks like this morning.

Please note the extensive and expensive tool kit in the foreground. This part of the kit consists of a cheap screwdriver, a vicegrip, a channelok, and a brick hammer it was what I had at hand when i switched the handlebars.

I'm thinking I might shoot the fender and the gas tank with aluminum paint what do you guys think. yes... no.... h*** no

The box on the front is leather from an old russian camera I bought once. I'm not sure I like it but it will work as a holder for a spare gas can. Enough to get me home anyway. I tend not to check the tank before I ride.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Thats what my wife says. I can't believe she even has an opinion. This is the first project of any kind she even gave an opinion on. Now she is looking for antique motor bike pictures and bringing them to me to see. Weird how infectious this stuff is.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon dude
You better start lookin for another bike and engine cause soon the little woman will have yours and you'll only see her coming and going. Unless you ride together someplace. I can get mine on a bike but she won't tough one with an engine but If I fire up the Hog she's ready to go places and see things. We take little short rides here on the back roads that are fun putt along at 40to 55 mph and look at the wild life. We also take road trips to Wyoming, Colorado,Missouri, etc. I try and keep a sharp eye out for rattle snakes so I don't run over them, I haven't heard of anyone getting nailed on a bike by a snake and don't want to be the first.(c)
Norman

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Little too much blue huh lol.... Those bars came from a 16 inch kids bike I bought for the wheels to make a trailer. They were red enamel when I got it. i could always go back to red lol...I have got this so down now I think I might switch to a different bike. I'm going to haunt my thrift store tomorrow.

Next time get the frame ready first then switch out the motor. This frame has been through way too many motors. three or four electric and one gasoline. I kind of want a different look already. I have a very nice electric drive that would look real good on it now.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'll bet you could run bootleg whiskey with that and get away with it. Looks fast just sitting there and I think you need a headlight. Cause bootleggin usually takes place at night. I think I also hear the song "Born to be wild" playing. Yea!
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I wish I had stayed with white wheels, white fender and tank, black frame and then put blinking lights on the front. now that it is this far along, it looks like a mini traffic cop bike from the forties.

Well kinda

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon has a very nice ride in my opinion and unique and last I heard its fast anyway he said once he got it running right, he's not a speed demon, a laid back man like to cruise and smell the roses. Very nice my friend and keep on riding and wear it out.
Norman