Moped need help choosing..

GoldenMotor.com

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm having a hard time choosing which one to buy if anybody has ever owned a tomos can you tell me if it's reliable http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/tomos_streetmate_2007.phpTomos 50cc specifications and pictures[/url] this is the link for the moped I want it will cost me $2700

The other moped I want to get is the CPI gtr 50cc which is a scooter but classed as a moped by insurance in Manitoba, here's the link 2009 CPI GTR 50 specifications and pictures now this scooter is gonna cost me $4800 it goes about 100km/h and more if the restrictions are removed it will hit 130 to 140 km/h and has better components plus looks pretty sweet.

if anybody can help me here or owns one of the two I mentioned your help would be much appreciated thanks a bunch!

Attachments

Last edited:

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Its not that I don't want a motorcycle it's because the insurance is $1500 a year and mopeds cost 200 to 300 a year to insure.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
if you can find a used eton beamer thats the one man i used to work at a dealership and know all the tricks to make if faster and they are eally reliable u want the 2 stroke if u can still get it just a recomendation they were the best 50cc scooter i ever rode or worked on they never break if u take care of them too

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Are these actually "mopeds" that can be pedalled? makes a difference here registering.

Been looking at scooters for awhile- I finally picked this one up; a 2003 model and got it quite cheap. 400 dollars.

a 4 speed w/ auto clutch, step through frame with 17 inch wheels- less than 200 miles- runs pretty good- electric AND kick start

the guy let the rims get a little rusty- so I've since painted them and chain guard anno purple and they look great-

50 cc will have to register as a motorcycle (no pedals) but no special endorsement needed to drive.

Attachments

Last edited:

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
here in manitoba its 50cc or under and has a top speed of 50km/h no need for pedals and also must keep right of the road and take bus lanes.