Nogig's guide to bulletproof carb installation

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
After having my carb blow off three times i decided to chunk that stock clamp and get something better everything here has already been said but i added pics for anyone that may need them.

supplies you'll need;

1. sandpaper
2. silicone
3. 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch hose clamp
4. O ring (optional and found at sick bike parts)

Silicone (hi temp is best but i had this on the shelf)

Hose clamps (found at advance auto 2.35)

first step, clean and sand intake (put paper towel in intake to keep grit out of the engine remove when finish sanding)

Next smear some silicone on intake (make sure none gets on end in intake)

Last edited:

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
next place hose clamp on carb (it should fit like so)

Next and optional install o ring in carb

grab an 8 mm socket with extension

finally slide carb on intake and tighten away(dont go too tight you'll break the carb ears)

now you are all done. allow carb to seal overnight and doublecheck clamp for tightness and enjoy the ride!

.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Did You Sand The Intake With It On The Engine...? And If So How Did You Insure That None Of The Grit From The Sand Paper Got Into Opening Of The Intake, This Would Be Bad News Fir The Engine... Just Curious

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Excellent post...Should be done after all carb. problems have been sorted out...It`s a pain to do that process everytime you have to take the carb. off /apart for leaky float bowl,jetting, ect.ect.ect.....But I`ve done the same thing with no problems, and seals it up great....
Thanks.....

CoConutXpress

Apr 7, 2010
Hawaii
Very nice, I honestly don't see that carb blowing off again any time soon. LOL I hope I won't have any problems with my carb blowing off, but if it does, I will use this install.

Thanks,
CoConutXpress