Newbie but have mechanical experience.... Hardware Advice

GoldenMotor.com

PBbikeguy

Mar 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
This will be my first build and I have read several posts. I ordered a 80/66 kit from zone8 last night, and want to make sure to beef it up as much as needed before installing it. I am going to paint it black as well with engine paint so might as well replace the necessary things that could fail since its not going directly into the bike out of the box. Sounds like a common complain is with studs and other hardware, anyone want to recommend what to get, sizes, amounts, bolts or what, etc. since I haven't recieved my engine yet, I want to have the stuff to do it when it gets here. Going on a beach cruiser so any other recommendations for part upgrade or installation tips would be helpful, replace the plug is obviously an easy on I have seen in a several posts. And I read through the prep and installation tips posts and stickys already so no need to post a link to them. Thanks alot for any help.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There's really nothing wrong with using the stock nuts & bolts... Just don't over torque them!
I've been building these bikes for 3 years & I always use the stock parts with no problems.

The best way I can explain is to say just give the bolts a good 'snug', & then after a week or so of riding, go back & re-snug all the bolts again. ;)

PBbikeguy

Mar 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
K, sounds good to me, same for the motor mounts? And tricks that aren't posted on the prep page you recommend for installation, the motor came today so its going on this weekend. Thanks

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
K, sounds good to me, same for the motor mounts? And tricks that aren't posted on the prep page you recommend for installation, the motor came today so its going on this weekend. Thanks
Yes even with the mounts.Some motors vibrate more than others do,I would say recheck the bolts regularly for the first couple of days just to be sure before going out on a ride.

PBbikeguy

Mar 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
Yeah that's what I was referring to in the initial post, I read that. I need a larger font tube mount, got the engine and overlooked that part... Where is the best/ cheapest place to get one, or can I get stuff from a harware that will be good enough to do it myself. Most important is that I get it ASAP. Venice, I know you have experience with this, whats the best recommendation to get this thing up and running soon?