50cc friction drive

GoldenMotor.com

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
If you mean because of the off-center weight?
I thought that was a pic of a Mongoose. Does Honda market the whole bike over there?
My only issue with the offset wt. of friction drives is what if it falls over? They really look like they need a protective hoop around the engine.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Xlite, A "diy". Now, After The Cvt Builds And This Shifter, I Would Hate To Ride A Single Speed Mab. The Cvt And Shifter`s Make It So Much Better And Cuts Way Dn Of The Engine Rpm Thru All The Gears. Living Large Now. Ron .cvlt1

Engler

Nov 27, 2009
Florida
I'd love to have one of those Titans or Hondas what turns me off is this tank on the top of the engine making it even taller than it needs to be.

Can,t they come up with diafragm carburator?

How do you mount this thing sticking up well above the bike seat?

I can not raise my arthritic leg that high anymore!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Engler, Welcome To The Club. I Have The Same Proplem. With The Shifter Top Mount It Is Not A Problem. Have To Finish My Rear PANNIER Rack Adapters, To Keep It Low. Need To Order Front Suspension Pannier Rack, So I Can Haul Some Pay Loads! Lol. I Bought 2 Of My Titans From Dax, They All Run So Perfect. Never Die, Idle Perfect, Smooth, No Vibs, Mirror Works Fine. Ron

Last edited:

Engler

Nov 27, 2009
Florida
Mifletz, Welcome. I Have 4 Titan Engines And It Will Work Great On A Friction Drive. Buy A "bike Motor Parts.com" Friction Kit And It Will Bolt On With No Problem. The Weight Is No Problem For Me! RON .cvlt1
Ron

I like your built on the first picture - rack mount chain drive driving hub on right side of the wheel.

How do you do that? I assume you can still pedal through your 27 or whatever you have speeds, correct?

Do you think setup like this could be used to drive 3 speed Imotion internal hub? This is supposedly the only internal hub strong enough to withstand engine torque.

Any ideas or comments regarding setup like this?

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The Honda GXH50 has too large output shaft and too shallow a bell housing to work with most of the Drive systems out there. The Honda GX35 works well with most kits but does not have the power of the GXH50. For some reason, the Honda GXH50 has a different out put set up than the GX35. The GX35 and the Titan XC50 have the same out put setup except that the Honda GX35 is a 2 shoe and the Titan is a 3 shoe. The 2 shoe works fine but the 3 shoe is better. The Honda GX35 is Similar to the DAX Falcon XC35. Except the Falcon XC35 cost about half as much.. Enjoy the ride..

Engler

Nov 27, 2009
Florida
Ron could you post some pictures and hints on your CVT rack mount with 3 pedal speeds built?

Or post the link if the info is already on the board, please.