grubee 4 stroke clutch shoes

GoldenMotor.com

OLDSCOT

Jun 19, 2009
New Mexico
Recently got another Grubee Whopper Stopper to replace one I had stolen about a year ago.
Have two problems with it. First one is that I am located about 6,000 feet up and the engine runs but seems to be running too rich at this altitude. According to the engine pamphlet that came with it, installing a smaller diameter main fuel jet will help this condition. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? The other problem is that the centrifugal clutch housing that revolves around the clutch pads is loose.You can move it about an 8th of an inch back and forth and it makes a rattling noise when disengaged and when engaged. took the transmission cover off and wanted to remove the clutch housing to see if I could shim the housing on its shaft and also check the condition of the clutch pads and also to determine if the clutch pads were partially rubbing the clutch housing when not engaged thus making the noise but could not figure out how to get the clutch housing off. I did remove the small bolt and flat washer that partially holds the clutch housing over the pads but could not see what to do next to remove the clutch housing. Have lubricated the gears with litho grease which has made the general gear noise less but did not change the noise coming from the clutch housing area.
Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
There is a specific puller that is used to remove the clutch. It also removes the little crankshaft gear....
No there isn't- he is not talking about a 2 stroke.

Once you get the bolts and washer off- should slide off. You may need a puller like ocscully said, but you should not.

OLDSCOT

Jun 19, 2009
New Mexico
No there isn't- he is not talking about a 2 stroke.

Once you get the bolts and washer off- should slide off. You may need a puller like ocscully said, but you should not.
Got the sleeve off so was able to lube everything up OK. With the gear and the centrifugal clutch housing off am looking at the clutch shoes. For future reference, was wondering how you remove the clutch shoes for replacement in the event they wear out. Is somekind of puller required?
Thanks

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Got the sleeve off so was able to lube everything up OK. With the gear and the centrifugal clutch housing off am looking at the clutch shoes. For future reference, was wondering how you remove the clutch shoes for replacement in the event they wear out. Is somekind of puller required?
Thanks
Haven't had to replace the shoes, but I would think if they wore out, you'd just replace the whole assembly- $20 from Bicycle-Engines

Centrifugal Clutch - $19.99