Stretched Beach Cruiser 80cc stealth

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I have been thinking along the same lines about the jackshaft for my stretch. Stanton Inc. sells a Giant Stiletto jackshaft with a left hand freewheel for an engine. 20T freewheel on left, 20T fixed for wheel drive on right, and 20T freewheel outside right for pedal chain. Its all on a 5/8" shaft that is 6 3/4" long. Goes for $74. Then a nice mounting plate with two u-bolts could be fitted with either a solid pipe with a bearing on each end, or I was actually thinking of doing two small rings on each side of the mounting plate that hold two bearings each, so a total of four bearings. You would also need some sort of L-bracket that uses a u-bolt to attach to the seat post and keep the whole thing centered. Good luck and as soon as I get to work on mine, I'll post some picts. Believe me, these stretches benefit from multiple gears. Husky has a Nexus internal 3spd with 12g spokes and solid steel rim for $109. L8R.

Whoops, their Black alloy rim with 3spd is $109, the steel is only $99.

Last edited:

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
thank you for the jack shaft info - its pretty much the answer to my chain reduction problems, plus giving the engine multiple gears. my next project is gonna be a stretched beach cruiser trike, i have really been interested in building a trike...

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the site, like the stretch looking good. Someone on the east coast should sell Stretches they seem mainly all sold on the west coast (closer to china) shipping is a killer to the east coast.

Cheers

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Allen OKC,
That is a nice ride! I want to do a stretch cruiser/trike in a bad way, and def. a shifter version, thinking 4 stroke, would be my first 4, or maybe 2 2smokers... tell me, did you build that frame or get it somewhere... More info, i am almost motivated now!! Welcome to the forum!
Mac

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
i agree with you chain maker - it seems that the interest in the custom stretched beach cruiser falls mainly on the West Coast. which is a shame cause it should be something that everyone can have access to in club rally rides and bike shops everywhere - here in oklahoma city where i live, all the bicycles are geared more for the racing tour de france crap - which is fine, but for folks wanting to customize a chopper bicycle, every part would have to be ordered online - bicycle shops here wouldnt know what a good choppper fork is or a awesome stretched beach cruiser - but everywhere i ride my bike, people are constantly asking where did i find such a ride, its like they never saw one before. who knows maybe one day i can ride in a rally of cruisers here in the city without having to wear those tight riding outfits, instead i like my jeans and t-shirt with the choppers symbol on the back...

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
hi Mac - the first cruiser with the engine is a manufactured frame - Blade II, with 30 forks i built the frame myself to get that inique same but different look. but i entend to build another with the same style frame but with the trike effects - the picture is a 3D of the trike for now, all my projects start in the 3D world then they become reality...

Attachments

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Allen, what I love about your frame is how forward and high your pedals are set in the frame. I feel I'm on top of the pedals even on my stretch, its a urban stretch, the crankset is even closer to the seat post than micargi's which have a straight lead post, mine is curved. That space you have freed up is dying for a 4-stroke or even a Morini. The area you have just under where the top post, and seat post meet is screaming for some Morini mounts. And with the chain up that high, you could squeeze the tuned pipe right through the middle. If you ever decide to sell these frames let me know, I'll grab one off of you without hesitation.

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
thank you for the comment, the bikes was designed just for that purpose, adding an engine to it.

right now she has been in six ralleys, 30 mile runs each and came in mid pack against the high dollar tour de france style bikes.

im not into building a lot of these frames, but i can offer the full scale plans with measurements in vector base dwg, cdr, etc. for free. its the plans i drew up to help me lay the bike out with as indicated in the photo attachments... Allen

Attachments

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
im sorry but i have to let you all in on a project im working on right now, there is simply no end to me.

i really like the beach cruiser for work and play, but ive alway wanted to get into scooter drag racing, i know what next right? but i entend to break a 1/8 mile record with an electric scooter...

Attachments

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
.trk its been a while since ive been here - but to bring everyone up to date on some of my projects...

First of all, the motorized beach cruiser is running as strong as ever "80cc Stealth" - its been a damn good motor kit...

The Bicycle Chopper hasnt change, since ive decided to keep it all pedal power...

The electric drag bike "scooter" turned into more of a experimental vehicle - i never took it to the drag strip to see how fast it would top out at - on the streets it topped out at 50mph - disappointing, but it taught me more about electrics which made it worth the effort...

my latest project was to take a honda shadow and convert it an electric motorcycle, so all of my attention has been in building it - which is coming along nicely...

this latest project has been a take off from my motorized stretched beach cruiser and from the folks here...

Thank You Thud... Ed Fargo Juiced Racing... Shawn Lawless... Predator... Ted and Travis...

and a Special Thank You to my friend who was just killed by a drunk driver "Mike Sneaky Pete Lette"... Live to Ride - Ride to Live ole friend...

Attachments