ill just leave this here.......

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
When you take boredom,scrap,a spare engine and an occ bike and smashem all up in a bucket...add some lightning and a big heap of imagination....

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
lol blue...only 30+ inseam for this one...but i am working on a bracket to put more adjustablility in it...this one is up for sale locally so i need to make it a little more short person freindly...its not as bad as it looks though...forced perspective...thats a 20x4 in the back

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Van,
That is one sick puppy. I wish our weather was nicer and you could ride that thing down to my end of town. I'd like to see it. If you don't sell it by spring you know where I live.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
ill bring it by sometime soon i hope 2door...ill let you know...been busy with "other" things.........truck is finally bagged and laying out...tons of work into the interior etc....hope to see your sedan out at the golden cruise etc this yr if you still have it

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
That bike is just crying out to have another engine fitted in front of the one that's in the frame ;)

Just teasing, - that is one cool lowrider you've got there Mister :)
Since people talk some crazy ideas on here, how 'bout this..
Mount the second engine offset to the right and upside down. Run the chain to a 32 tooth (or smaller) on that side. Change the sprocket on the left to a big one for take off and ditch the cranks all together.
You could take off with the rear but when it runs out of speed, pop the clutch on the front engine, disengage the rear and kill it, and cruise easy up from there.
These engines should run fine upside down as long as the carb float bowl is oriented right.
How's that for crazy?
BoooGgaahh!

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
slogger only problem i conceive with that plan is chain run and handle bar space for 2 clutch handles, at least 1 brake for front and throttle, i mean to do the way you said would mean having second china doll hanging in mid air out the side of the bike better more conceivable would be a setup like this:

2 engines with 2 jackshafts, one master one slave. have front engine rn to jackshaft directly infront of and below current engine with second one in front of it going to that jackshaft with freewheel onto second jackshaft going to backwheel and have first engine going directly to second jackshaft as low as you can mount it on seatpost for smooth chain run from front one, can then alter gearing for two speed set up

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I was only foolin. You could have dual levers on both bars, throttles on both bars.
It would be tricky to ride!

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
got a little time to start mocking up the expansion chamber...

and mounted.....i need to get a couple spacer issues worked out but...here ya go

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Steampunk great job I just stretched four occ's from kiddy size to man size

I was thinking a china girl would not move the heavy unit so was planning to mount briggs 5 or something more than 5 hp.

put longer drop out cut from the main mounting plate from scrappy overhead garage door assemblies so any size tire can be fitted.

Also have rounded up various diameters of metal and aluminum conduit - can always heat wrap it

your thoughts about china girl vs. something a little more substantial???

ride safe

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
I've got a "tweaked" 49cc in my stretch, I'm 180ish lbs... It works fine.....but if I wanted more power, I would go with a predator 79 or 99...79 would fit better in my build...but 99's are plentiful....as long as you brace it well, it should hold it

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
With the lack of center bracing on my bike, I'm keeping the power under control and geared for just under 30mph(my other bikes are faster lol..).....with better bracing I would go bigger...and four stroke

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks Steam
I like the look ,,, yes some middle bracing does seem in order if one wanted to put a larger engine in or weighed a bit more than you

ride safe