R.r.p.2.

GoldenMotor.com

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
At home recovering.
Had some complications along the way. Best way to put it is that the pace maker actually discovered a new problem that the cardiologist didn't catch prior. Weird huh?

Spending most of my time farting around on my laptop/facebook.
Just thought I would throw in an update.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning to look into the "new" issues, get some tests done, and see what's up.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yes, it is nice to see a smile! Let's hope that with new information your treatment will also improve and get you back home working on your project again. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you well. You have a lot friends here you've never met, but we see you lying there and want to see you get up and get on with your life. Give us updates...
SB

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
Doing much better, thank you so much!
I've been out on a few rides, just ordered an SBP expansion chamber, and hopefully starting on my new build this week.

Gotta take it slow for a while still, and my mountain bike career is over with, but things will get better. I am working on a company specifically for motorized bikes. So we'll see how it goes.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
So glad to here that.
My wifes sister son died from hart problums last year 46,so take it easy and don't over do it.

Good luck with your new project,let us know when you post it.

Intresting to see what your bike co. has to offer...............Curt

Last edited:

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
I suppose it's fitting that the last photos I took of R.R.P. #2 was in a cemetary.
Because it's dead.

Long story short, the chain got thrown at speed. Which was (last I looked) mid 40's. The chain went everywhere, the wheel locked, spokes broke, my hands got thrown off the bars, almost rear ended a car......

.duh.

Now the frame has tweakage, and a slew of other issues.

So.... R.R.P. #3 is now being built.

R.I.P. Ratt Rocket Psychle number two.

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
My apologies to everyone who had to see the BS that was posted this morning. I haven't been on here in a while, and that was no way to return. My thanks go out to the admins for taking care of it quickly though.

I see that a LOT of posts are gone, and the site has been cleaned up quite a bit. It's nice to see this post is still here, so I guess this is a good time to make an update since I was so prompted to be back here again.

I had to take a huge break from a LOT of things, and have been really behind in a lot of my build projects due to the old health problems. A lot of complications came out of my past surgeries, and I suffered a stroke as a result. With loss of some speech, and motor functions, and vascular/tissue damage to my right arm, things have been very slow going. Not to say that I haven't been getting it done. I've just been turning my attention mostly to my FB account as that is where most of my close friends and family are in contact.

Over the winter I have been working on three different builds, two of my own, and one for a good friend. All three are still unfinished, but hopefully they will all be done by spring.

The red one is my main ride. I started out by stripping it down, rewelding the frame rack (they are prone to cracking under vibrations), repainting, and using it as a base for my saddle. The seat I chose is a very comfy Puch Maxi racing moped seat. They are made specifically to fit from the seat post and over the racks on mopeds, but happen to have identical measurements to this frame. The only mod I had to make was trimming the rack down from the back to make the lines flow. I also lowered the top of the seat tube and re-brazed the clamp to the frame 1/2" lower than stock. Those were the only frame mods.

As for the engine, it is a GT-5. It is stock at 2.75hp. Eh, good, but could be better, so I gutted the bottom end, and got it balanced, all Japanese bearings, etc. The jug has been ported and the inlet roughed with a matched piston skirt trim. I also took the time to shave the head a tad. As for bolt on performance, I am running an expansion chamber from Sick Bike Parts, and a reed valve from Piston Bikes, and of course my home made cold air intake. I swapped out the throttle with an aluminum performance throttle. Can't beat a sealed bearing pulley, so smooth!!!

I built the headlight using 1/4" plxiglass back,on/off push button switch, and a 1000 lumen single LED bulb. The battery back is hidden under the seat, and the skull is from some very thick Halloween decorations which I repainted.

All this is rolling on a Monark Heavy Duty springer fork, Strumey Archer Drum front, and a Worksman industrial rear. I am still waiting for my sprocket adapter and idler wheel to come in to finish up the drive train.

The black bike is the old R.R.P.#2 that I have resurrected from the dead for a good friend of mine who was in really bad need of a rebuild. Nothing too special about it except the exhaust which was fun to make, and the port matching I did on his jug for him.

The green bike is my newest project. The end result will be more of a track racer. So far It is mostly engine on this one. Same as above, balanced, ported, trimmed, etc. Bolt ons so far are just a really cool, and very efficient idler assembly, and Arrow Racing expansion pipe. The bike already has some serious pep in it's step, and I'm not even remotely close to done.

I'll do my best to get on here more often, but life is busy. I'm either at the doctors, with the kid, or wrenching. When I'm online, it's usually FB, but I haven't forgotten all the really cool people I've had the pleasure of meeting, and getting to know here.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome back RB. We're always ready to see what comes out of your shop/imagination.
Sorry to hear about the medical probs but glad to see you back in action.
Thanks for sharing your latest with us. Some very fine work, as always.

Tom