My Indian in pending sale.

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Like Mr B said there are always the 23" XL wheels. I have bought four so far and have one set with new tyres. Unfortunately as MrB pointed out. Tyre selection isn't great. I'm pretty sure there is only one mass produced tyre and that is the Bridgestone TW-9...... Speedway bikes also use 23" front wheels so you can choose from speedway tyres. I've seen a really cool 23" speedway tyre but I doubt they would have a hard compound tyre available (I have a contact number and will be enquiring soon)...... I did see a very very cool looking 23" vintage style tyre from a Chinese disrtributor website, but as it was in Chinese I didn't follow it up....... Hope that helps, and I can't see what you come up with next.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I'm thinking a 21" may fill the bill. I just was afraid of going down in size from the Simplex. I will check out speedway tires too. I'm considering running a GX 390 in this one. It would be double te power and torque of the GX200 I was using and would be more than enough power for a side car bike. It has performance parts available and its in the cheap side of things. Vanguards are very cool but the motor is so pricey. Oh, I can put a Comet Torque-Verter on a GX390 too. I really like that transmission.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Man, a GX 390 is huge! Even the 240cc GX is much bigger physically than the GX200. All that torque and hauling around a side car will be pretty hard on the drive train components. You'd probably be better off with a motorcycle rear hub.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Well I'm bummed out now. My Boy let me know the Indian is not for him, so I'm getting it back. He said owning it is different than watching it. Reality set in. Too archaic for his tastes. Too bad.