"Denver Area Ride VI"

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Whats up guys! (^)

Our days are numbered when I comes to this time of year. I'm trying to get in as much riding as I can and share some trails/bike lanes, and have some lunch with other fellow MB riders. So members where are you; let some 2 wheel fun in the sun take place. Look forward to seeing you there.

Frank

Saturday October 15th @ 11:00 a.m.

Berkeley Park Rec. Center​

r.ly. r.ly.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have no plans. If things don't change I'll be there. Those trails with some falling leaves sure will be pretty. We need a video camera for this one and someone who knows how to use Youtube.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So far those going. . .

Tom, Will, George, Frank, Van & Dave

I'm still waiting to here from Andy and a few others. Tom please inform Ted to see if he can make it.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I called Ted. He still has no way to transport his bike so he's a maybe.
Tom
He should just buy a cheap beater truck to haul the bike :p. I'm sure Uhaul rents pickups for less then $20 if that would interest him. If he makes it he makes it, if not then maybe next time :)

By the way Tom, the bike is getting better and better with time; it just needed to be jetted properly. I also did a port match on both sides. Now, the top-end is allowing it to go faster every time I ride. Still need to run a 1 1/2 tanks through it till fully broken in. Just gotta switch it to a 26" bike to take full advantage of the 36T sprocket. Take care

Frank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Who? Me?, I'm here, as always :)

Glad that little bike is working out for you. If you use the engine on another bike what are you going to do with that 24" Huffy?
See you Sat.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Who? Me?, I'm here, as always :)

Glad that little bike is working out for you. If you use the engine on another bike what are you going to do with that 24" Huffy?
See you Sat.
Tom
I already swapped everything over to a 26er. It is more appropriate for Wills riding style and comfort preference. It will also help bring his 36T sprocket to life; on the 24'' wheels it feels more like a 44T. The huffy has been claimed by my wife as her own pedaler. What can you do, lol. I look forward to seeing everybody on Saturday, see you there :) .

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I called Ted. He still has no way to transport his bike so he's a maybe.
Tom
Is Ted the gentleman who lives along my way up to Denver from Colorado Springs? If so, I can pick him up and drop him off provided I still have the weekend off form work.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeah, Ted lives down around there somewhere. I think he's close to where the Ren Fair is held, Palmer something. I don't have an address just a phone number. I could have him give you a call or I could post his number in a PM to you.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Will's bike is officially broken in. Runs really good now and faster. See you guys Saturday morning. :)

Any ideas for lunch ?

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Yeah, Ted lives down around there somewhere. I think he's close to where the Ren Fair is held, Palmer something. I don't have an address just a phone number. I could have him give you a call or I could post his number in a PM to you.
Tom
Will do. I just put together my new bike rack and it worked perfectly using it for the first time yesterday carrying a bike to my house yesterday for someone who couldn't get his bike running.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
We are ready to roll . . .

So far those coming for sure are: George, Van, Dave, Will, Frank, Tom
Those that are 50%/50% are: Mdlee, Ted, Duane as usual, a girl that Van built a bike for??

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeah! I'm ready for some female participation in our rides. That will be too cool.
Ted and Drewd are trying to organize a transportation thing. I hope they can make it work.
This could be a really nice ride. Fall leaves, cool weather and possibly our last for the year. I wish everyone could make it for this one. Streetstrip (Kennny) Duane? Large Filipino? Where are you guys?
Come on Denver!!!!!!!!!!
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ah oh guys, the weather's looking a bit 'iffy' for Saturday. They're predicting a high of 48 and rain. That doesn't sound like fun to me. Should we consider rescheduling? I'm something of a fair weather rider and don't feel like braving those conditions.
Any thoughts? Wait until Sat. and see? Reschedule for next week? Pray to the weather gods? Sacrifice a virgin? (if we can find one) :)
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'll wait till Friday night to tell the tale. I think that it will be okay Saturday, lets just hope the weather people are wrong on this one, you never know. We'll wait and see. If it's looking like a reschedule is emanate then it will be for the following Saturday. Will and I want to go light rain or shine so we just may be out there either way, unless it's pouring rain.
.rd.

If anybody is up for a wet or dry ride then just chime in

Last edited: