120/50/26 motorcycle tires

GoldenMotor.com

RickS

Jan 30, 2011
Speonk, NY
Those simplex tires don't weigh more than 5 lbs each, I would say. I received mine wrapped in plastic and taped together. I don't see how they can be charging you to ship 30lbs! Weigh them when you get them and let us know!

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Those simplex tires don't weigh more than 5 lbs each, I would say. I received mine wrapped in plastic and taped together. I don't see how they can be charging you to ship 30lbs! Weigh them when you get them and let us know!
I don't know what the deal is regarding the weight because I got two different FedEx updates, one saying 30lbs, the other saying 6lbs. Maybe it was human error. 6lbs sounds more real.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Got them today. BTW, both tires together were 9lbs. Here is my Son holding the Swalebe Fat Frank and the 26x2.5 (wearing my Lt.Col Kilgore hat from Apocalypse Now acting tough Lol).

Impressions, They are definitely going to last a long long time, probably never get flat, and are super stiff. They are HARD to install. H-A-R-D!!! I broke 3 bicycle plastic tire irons putting them on. I ended up using a couple of giant screwdrivers. Go to a motorcycle shop and get real metal motorcycle tire irons to put these on. They are never going to fly off accidentally Lol. They fit the rim perfect, just tight and secure, the way a 92mph rated tire should. Oh, use liberal amounts of Windex to use as lube to help slid on. I like them. I feel safe.

Last edited:

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
It feels more stable than the bicycle tires. Also a lot less to worry about. They are slightly narrower than the Fat Franks, so clearance is not an issue. I like them. I thought that losing the white rubber would be a negative but it's fine. Looks different but still looks good.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Good eye Harry. I wrote him a note to ask him about this. Probably wanted white tires at an economical cost. The one where he has the Simplex Servicycle tire on the rear is probably for longevity in the race/ride. I got almost 2k on my front Fat Frank and it could have gone farther, but the rear tire life is really bad. The rubber is far too soft for motorized use. But the Fat Frank LOOKS good! Lol.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah thats a beautiful bike..... so you think thats a Simplex tyre on the rear? If so you can really see the difference in size between the Simplex and Fat Franks.

The Fat Franks are a nice looking tyre but im digging the Simplex tyres on your bike, and they obviously perform better..... and i know you said you were going to paint your new wheels red, i cant wait to see that. I reckon its going to make your bike look even better.... if thats even possible.

I was just curious if we could get the Simplex tyres in Australia so i rang the Coker dealers here and they have them in stock for $135 a tyre (if my memory serves correctly). So its nice to know when i start my Honda 5.5HP build the tyres are available for us, and ill learn from you and build my wheels damn strong.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
The most apparent improvement in the Simplex tires is the lack of side roll on the rims. With the Franks I didnt like the bounce from side wall roll. With the Simplex I can dive bomb corners like it was on rails. Very confidance inspiring.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I got it up to 50mph. That is about what my bravery can stand right now. When I have the new strong Worksman wheels and big front and rear heavy duty brakes I'll try faster.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
That looks great. Why not try the paddles for Amerityres? I used one yesterday on a pair of DH tires (bicycle tires) with good luck. They are super strong tire paddles.

Does the Windex evaporate quickly? I hate that smell. I would use rubbing alcohol. (Be careful of fire hazard though, and do it outside! I use it to clean rims for braking power. )

Got them today. BTW, both tires together were 9lbs. Here is my Son holding the Swalebe Fat Frank and the 26x2.5 (wearing my Lt.Col Kilgore hat from Apocalypse Now acting tough Lol).
[MG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/jperickson2001/photo-22.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/jperickson2001/photo-20.jpg[/MG][MG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/jperickson2001/photo-21.jpg[/IMG]

Impressions, They are definitely going to last a long long time, probably never get flat, and are super stiff. They are HARD to install. H-A-R-D!!! I broke 3 bicycle plastic tire irons putting them on. I ended up using a couple of giant screwdrivers. Go to a motorcycle shop and get real metal motorcycle tire irons to put these on. They are never going to fly off accidentally Lol. They fit the rim perfect, just tight and secure, the way a 92mph rated tire should. Oh, use liberal amounts of Windex to use as lube to help slid on. I like them. I feel safe.