Cobra Cycles Flat Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

CousinVinny

Jul 30, 2010
New York USA
Lurker,
Very very and I must say very cool build, if I saw your bike at a car show I'd be drawn to it immediately. I dig the trend of making faux antique crankcase covers for the modern jap engines, thats usually the dead giveaway that the bike is not from the older era. I have a board tracker in mind to build but the ar$e-holes here in New York make it real painful (financially) to ride a motorized bicycle.

-By looking at your drawing Im guessing you're a graphic artist?

-Vinny

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Im. glad I'm not the only one that builds stuff in their house. When you live in a city and space is limited you gotta do what you gotta do some times. I'm glad to see so many people liking my work and are being inspired by it. I can't wait so see how what i've done will inspire other and what i've done wil cary over and what new ideas will immerge. All this positive feedback about this bike makes me want to start on the next one, but I think I should enjoy the fruits of my labor for a little while.

Yes my profession is a designer/artist but please do not judge my artistic ability by that drawing.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Is that a Gyes 10x11' saddle ? I have two gyes saddles and love them thuroughly
( brown & honey ) have you seen the new 2011 line-up, I got mine at Home Page but you can check out the new one at Gyes¥¨·~ they are absolutely fantasticaly designed, by the way the bike is crazy cool! Tell us more about the engine as I'm new to the game too

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
I have been lurking on this site for almost a year or more now, and I thought you guys might be interested in seeing something from a new person. I bought one of those 4stroke kits and built a bike with that,(first photo) but soon got fed up with the lack of quality and how slow it was. So I decided to build my own. Over the past 6 months I have been building this in my kitchen (literally in my kitchen) and I just finished it today. It uses a gx200 clone with a cvt and has a top speed in the high 60's low 70's. On the test ride I let off the throttle around 65ish. I hope this can be a inspiration to a few people.
Nice! Care to sell it?

elewayne

Mar 27, 2009
Longmont Co.
Hi, really cool bike. Is that one of those engines that usually sits horizontally on a mini dirt bike, and you mounted in vertically? If that's true I didn't know that could be done.
Very nice work though, I really like the weight of it. it looks good and sturdy.
wayne

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hi, really cool bike. Is that one of those engines that usually sits horizontally on a mini dirt bike, and you mounted in vertically? If that's true I didn't know that could be done.
Very nice work though, I really like the weight of it. it looks good and sturdy.
wayne
I can be done however you have to use a aftermarket carb, and make sure you overfill the oil. I used a 22mm Mikuni carb with a 12.5 pilot jet and a 125 main jet and I over fill the oil to little less than 1qt.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Welcome to the forum! Well basically you will need to have a well equipped machine shop available to you with a lot of raw materials. He got a chinese knockoff of a Honda GX200 and removed the covers and things like that. He made a loop frame with the pedal crank positioned in an ideal spot, and he had to figure out the freewheel system and custom sprocket setup so that the pedals and engine would drive the same side of the wheel. The aluminum plates in the loop frame are no doubt custom machined to appear as if they are the crank case, the fork looks custom, and the tank looks custom. You don't buy this kind of thing, you build it :D!

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
So my girl friend is a artist and she wants to do a btr painting and needed reference photos, so she made me do a photo shoot with my bike. They are kinda funny yet kinda cool. Note the new exhaust pipe I made the other day, I still need to paint it tho.

Attachments

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
THAT IS SOOO COOL! The more I look at it, the more I want it :) Quick question, have you done anything special for wheel bearings? it just hit me that at 60-70 mph, your wheels could explode from a thrown bearing :oops: Have fun! I like the exhaust too :D

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
I love that helmet...where can I get one?! The bike is awesome, btw. Love the retro look, kind of going for that with my bike but you have def achieved it. Congrats!

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca

Hahaha, you have the same helmet as I do for my 1911 Indian! It's the best for what we are after. Did you get the leather one or the vinyl? Same goggles too.