Boardie Bike Stand

GoldenMotor.com

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Hoodoo,
I just ordered a Whizzer stand about a week ago. I am just starting on a full cruiser build using my WZ (Whizzer) chassis (4' stretch and drop loop) and am starting to aquire parts. Too busy to build my own stand right now so why reinvent the wheel? Nice to hear it fit well and dressing it up a bit makes sense. Post some pictures when you can.
Here are some pics of the installation, pardon the messy paint. I had to make a quickie harley conversion for an event. You don't see the mess from a few feet away. I started with two 3" x 6" pieces of 1/8th plate. Had access to a bender. The holes were drilled to match two of the holes in the whizzer stand so no mod was made out of the stand itself, just bolted on the plate. I was going to drill a hole in the plate for the supports but my friends decided a lip would work better...I think they are right, very stable installation.

Al

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I will be able to take some on Saturday when I am pulling it out of the garage and working on it. One thing I have learned and you already knew, that patience is a virtue. I have spent probably 4x as many hours on this bike as needed to due to my poor planning and getting into too much of a hurry and still I let my impatience get the best of me. Oh, one thing, my friend broke the end off of the spring clip on the fender in an attempt to adjust it, the metal is springy but very brittle and the end just broke off. On my particular bike you had to lift the clip a bit with your hand to secure the stand in the raised position. Now I still have to but with the broken end it is harder. Be careful if you feel the need to bend that clip.
Al
The old spring clip catches are a pain. Tinsmith came up with a nice solution to the problem.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34874

SB