Grubee=nostalgia

GoldenMotor.com

mmmmudd

Dec 31, 2010
california
Hi,
I've been interested in "augmented bikes" for a long time, and just this last few weeks inherited one from a friend. I think half the fun of owning one of these machines is the tinkering. I'm absolutely sure I spend more time looking over the lil bike and contemplating improvements than I do actually in the wind with it.

When I was thirty years younger and a hundred pounds lighter, I had an old Puch moped that I rode until it would no longer roll. I think I would have given vital parts of my anatomy in those days for a specimen such as this one.

Mudd

mmmmudd

Dec 31, 2010
california
Here's a few pics (if i posted them right) of the my new bike. It sits on a 24 inch frame, which my freind modified pretty heavily to mount the motor. He had planned to use it for retrieving model plans and other hobby related adventures so the small frame was so it could be lifted into the station wagon.

Little details hint at the countless hours he must have spent on this lil machine, things like the big sprocket on the back is bolted into place on the heavily modified rear hub, each of the brackets were fabricated by hand, and brazed together, or welded. While it runs it's clear it was still a work on process. Before he had the details worked out he started having heart troubles.

I don't know what adventures I'll get up to with it, for now now I just think it's cool.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Nice bike Mmmmudd. That looks like it might even be one of the older bushed bearing motors. Non the less it will run for a long time if taken care of. Welcome to the forum.(^)

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,My brother from another mother!
We have the same blood running through our veins!
I do the same thing alway's looking for improvements.
It's amazing these little thing's have been around so long and there's still thing's that havent been done or tried?
Looking forward to your take on thing's.Kip.
[email protected]