my second OP roller build

GoldenMotor.com

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
got about 20 miles on it... took a bit longer to build, cause i started workin on a third bike for my brother LOL
im deffinatley an addict

0921111539a.jpg 0921111538a.jpg 0921111538.jpg 0921111541.jpg 0814111811.jpg

....theres a few more pics in my albums

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
Real Nice. I do like the flow of that frame as well. Did you make the lay-back seat post? Love the color and matching tank. The front forks give it that chopper look. I can't help but wonder if the back fender would look better orange or off all together. Nice muffler too. Good job my brother.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have to tell you, I like it. And that's coming from a, if it's not black it's wrong, kind of guy. I'm also a veteran Roller builder to so I know a little about it.

I like a wild color sometimes on the right bike. Yours has the look, which isn't too surprising considering how good a Roller looks anyway. What you've done to it made it a lot better.

It says in your face mf, and has the looks to back it up.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nice exhaust.

I am wondering if the tone is lower. I am thinking that more volume before the muffler will deaden the sound some.

I think I am going to do a little work re this with my OP. After the Robin and now the Solex, the happy time is so loud I don't like to ride it anymore.

Yeah, use some flex pipe to bring the muffler back and mount it to the rear chainstay.

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Yea, i couldn't agree more, really like these frames... too bad ya can't get them anymore. Seems odd to me that i can get the "typical" beach cruiser frame from Schwinn/Huffy/Macargi ...and the list goes on. But no-one except Ocean Pacific (who seem to be nearly unknown as bicycle companys go makes this style frame and Walmart was the only place that sold them.

...anyway, yea, the seatpost was welded up by my son. took him a coupla trys to get it right. Only things original are the frame and the crankset. oh, and the chain guard :) road it for the first few miles with no fender and decided it needed one... ended up goin with chrome to kinda balance out all the chrome on the front end.

bug - i knew we were headed in kinda the same direction... yours turned out real nice too. what size sproket did you go with on that 20" wheel?

bikenut - yea, i've always been partial to black as well... decided the orange would go nice with the saddle & bag. i'ts got a ride that backs-up the look as well (i really like these schwalbe tires... althou they're soft and probly wont last real long)
...3rd build is back to black :)

Mike - the extended muffler does make them a bit quieter... give it a try

Thanks for all the compliments guys/bros & a big thanks to the knowledge base that is this forum

3rd bike (Trek Calypso) is coming along nicely... should have it done in a week or so

.............hmmm, what will i build next LOL

Last edited:

hotbug1776

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Standard 44 on the rear that comes in the kits. I have to slot a couple of the holes to clear the spokes due to the different angle of the spokes. I'll say this, this bike will lift the front tire off the ground and take off with a scoot of the feet and an easy clutch. My stock OP needs some pedaling to not stall it out. As soon as I can get some lighting and a set of hand brakes (at least a front brake) I'm taking it out on a trip. It's a heck of a ride.