I remember when

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I remember when I first started riding MABs they were illegal. And I rode for two years before I even knew.

I remember when my butt would be sore for days. Now I can ride everyday for hours and my butt never hurts.

I remember when I was always stopped on my Della Cruz and asked "Is that from the 1800s?" "Did you restore that yourself?"

I remember when I was always stopped and asked if I will build one or sale one.

I remember when there was only one vendor online.

I remember that first ride, what a thrill it was.

I remember when engine kits where $120 with shipping and I thought that was too much.

I remember the fight against city council to unbanned motorized bicycles

I remember when Death Race was on public streets.

I remember when I used to carry enough tools to build a whole new bike on the side of the road. Now most of the time I carry nothing but water.

I remember when this forum first started.

I remember when I used to mount my motors with rubber.

I remember getting pissed off with MAbs and saying "I will never build or ride one of these damn things again". All these years later I am still building them and riding them.

I remember quitting as a moderator several times, but yet I am still here.

I remember when I thought 23mph was fast on a bicycle, now speeds above 45+ mph is nothing.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is purty awesome Dave.

(lol, I remember when your name was fairracing)

((I really remember the pics of one of your crashes))

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I remember when this forum first started man this forum has grown. Say Fairracing looks so happy in that picture(^)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I remember when we called our MABs Riquimbili...

Riquimbili: A term coined in Cuba to describe a certain kind of motor powered 2 wheeled vehicles that started their life as bicycles.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I remember we hated the term Happy Time, and Deacon started calling them China Girls. Now almost all of us call the 2-stroke kits China Girls

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I remember my first ride- didn't like it all that much-

Didn't feel like I had enough control- too much noise.
getting a dual brake lever and replacing the cruiser bars was the big first step in the right direction .
A better gearing and better rolling tires took out the viration quite a bit then.

Got rid of some of the noise eventually with a longer pipe and sound dampeners, but otherwise just live with a little better- never really open it wide open and get good solid 25-30 mph with no special set-up.

I also recall the Death Race on the open roads and thought the name silly, while reading threads about getting hassled by cops and authorities.

Still think we need a big cross country tour.