Rear Sproket Fit

GoldenMotor.com

mt690ju

Dec 1, 2009
Key Largo, Florida
Hi, i'm new to the forum and live in Key Largo, Fl. Just ordered a Black Stallion 80cc angle fire slant head motor kit and should receive it by Friday. I have a Murry beach cruiser that I was going to use since the running gear is pretty uncomplicated, but I just picked up an Electra with a 7 speed shimano hub on the rear. Is it possible to put the 44 tooth rear spocket on the shimano hub or will it need to be modified?

Jim

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
if the electra is NOT a coaster brake style it should work fine.
i have found that the shimano coaster brake arm will not acccomadate the rear sprocket and fiber spoke spacer. you cannot get the brake arm to connect to the hub.

i just installed an 80cc kit into a vintage 1963 murry beach cruiser and it is great. you DO have to bend the brake arm away from the sprocket a little to keep the nuts from hitting the arm. this is common with all coaster brake hubs.

keep us posted and have fun.

stay dry

gubba

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Save yourself some trouble and call Jim at Creative Engineering in Clearwater at 727-768-9510.Tell him Harleys Dad sent you.

mt690ju

Dec 1, 2009
Key Largo, Florida
Thanks for the advice. The electra has some sort of pancake brake assembly just outside the hub, and is not a coaster brake. I'm going to remove the rear wheel tomorrow and check some dimensions. If all else fails, I'll take Doc Bolm's advice and call Creative....