Clutch arm and housing

GoldenMotor.com

jim1

Mar 1, 2009
Calgary
dd1.jpg

Hi I am new to the forum and new to the engine kits. I took off the cover that holds the clutch arm
to try to turn the clutch wheel but it seems to be stuck. Also when I tried to reattach the cover
the clutch arm now swings out instead of in and this does not seem right. How does this clutch arm
actually work with the pin and bearing in the housing?

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Take the cover back off and line the arm up like normal and hold it so it won`t move and put the cover back on....Once you take the clutch off you won`t be able to move the clutch, or sprocket, not sure what you mean by wheel....Look at the arm before you put it on and you will see how it works....flat on one side....

jim1

Mar 1, 2009
Calgary
OK Thanks. It works now but it seems to take a lot of force to engage the clutch when I push on the arm. Is this normal?

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Puch on the lever by hand, ya it`s pretty stiff.....The cable gives you leverage and won`t feel so stiff....But doing it by hand down buy the lever WILL be tough....

junkyard

Jan 6, 2009
st.petersburg fla
OK Thanks. It works now but it seems to take a lot of force to engage the clutch when I push on the arm. Is this normal?
unfortunatly its normal....some are easier than others but the way they make the post its an on or off deal

Creative Engineering , a fellow member, sells a clutch actuator upgrade kit .....works very nice and looks great....quality product

link to the thread
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/new-product-announcement-3577.html

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
hey jim1, if you need to turn the sprocket to put on the chain the spark plug tool that came with the kit fits on the nut inside the sprocket.When you are turning the sprocket it will be hard because you are fighting the compression of the engine,taking the spark plug out first will help. David