Question for KCVale about the 10G

GoldenMotor.com

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
Sir,

Figured I would make this question public as I'm not sure I have seen this answered yet and I bet others would like to know. If it has been answered already I'm sorry for the unnecessary post.

Will the 10G setup be able to be swapped for the 5g from bike berry and what extra parts would be needed to make it work?

Thank you

Skjaret

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Will the 10G setup be able to be swapped for the 5g from bike berry.
and what extra parts would be needed to make it work?
No.

The stage III and 7G are all for the 142F long 5/8" straight shaft engine with the clutch and clutch bell on the shaft.

The 4G and 10G are for the 142F-1G short tapered shaft engine with the clutch attached to engine, and the clutch bell mounted on a bearing shaft in the transfer case.

I haven't decided what 4G transfer case upgrade options I will offer yet, but it should be easy with the new mount base and just the KCK Long shaft assembly, it just bolts right in the 4G TC base.

My design topic for this is here.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=694&whichpage=2

I start that link on page 2 as this a year long topic in the making and the first page is experimenting and early design stuff.

Cole has it outside putting gas and oil in for the initial test riding as I type this, that topic will have pics and results first.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Are you sure the 5G is a straight shaft?
I have never had one but I would say that they are a tapered shaft HS motor.
I think you may be right...

5G

It looks like the clutch bell is on a shaft in the case.
I suppose it would have to be to hold two little chain sprockets so that's good news for you 5G owners when your chains get too loose!

We had to final prep a build for delivery yesterday afternoon but I personally took the Fito out for a couple runs around the block until the chains broke in some and it is all I expected, damn smooth and I hit the sweet spot for gearing for most riders.

It still needs a little more innovation for easily adjusting the idler pulley and of course a LOT more cosmetic work but this is how she sits this morning before we continue on today.

I had forgotten how gutless the 142 was with the stock plug and exhaust but I am getting a speedo with a tach so I can document just how much difference in real numbers the simple cheap upgrades like plug and exhaust can make in performance.

I have been trying to keep the new base as simple as possible but the bottom line is it has a lot of work to do so it's not a simple design.

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
Well my motor is supposed to be here Friday. I will get good pics if possible for everyone's benefit.

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
So starting to have second thought on the kit im getting. what would you guys go with in the direct drive kits. Or can someone point me to a jackshaft kit around 250 - 300 bucks (engine included )

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
So starting to have second thought on the kit im getting. what would you guys go with in the direct drive kits. Or can someone point me to a jackshaft kit around 250 - 300 bucks (engine included )
Well, the real 4G with the clutch bell on a bearing is the best transfer case for the 49cc HS 142 there currently is.

I thought bicycle-engines had them, I ordered one a couple days ago, but today they showing a different picture and the 4G is for long 5/8" engine like a 7G it looks like...

Last edited: