Combo Rack Tank mount roller skate hard point

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I used a truck off the bottom of a roller skate. I ended up hack sawing /drill /tap a 1/4 20 hole in the truck and used the rear fender tab hole in the frame to make a good solid hard point for the rack arms to bolt, also used a couple spacers. Easy to work aluminum. I used a bigger skateboard truck in my buddys bike. Next time you get the chance, pick one up ( a skateboard) and look at it.
http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=1792&pictureid=10516
check out my sail album for more pics on this.

Attachments

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Yup; that's waiting for Paint. I did get the fenders mocked in. Front went in easy and slick. Did a mini on the tail so as to less clutter wheel mount area. Rack/Fuel tank covers where fender leaves off (previous post). Not gonna use paint tho. Gonna use undercoating on both fenders, rack and bottom of tank.

Attachments

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Trey funny you say that. I was a member of the Maine Air Guard from 1978 thru 1984.
101st Air Refueling Wing, Bangor Maine. Known As the "MANIACS" All over the world and are still today. In my younger years , I been in several places all over the country and at Howard AFB Panama while the exiled Shah of Iran was holed up. 78 or maybe 79. There is more to this experience than I will endulge now. South American Women are very beautiful; oh yes---oh yes. Cool memories!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I used a truck off the bottom of a roller skate. I ended up hack sawing /drill /tap a 1/4 20 hole in the truck and used the rear fender tab hole in the frame to make a good solid hard point for the rack arms to bolt, also used a couple spacers. Easy to work aluminum. I used a bigger skateboard truck in my buddys bike. Next time you get the chance, pick one up ( a skateboard) and look at it.
http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=1792&pictureid=10516
check out my sail album for more pics on this.
nice work and great idea with the skate parts.

nice looking bike also.