Motorized bicycles for disaster recovery

GoldenMotor.com

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
Re: Mb's for disaster recovery

i think instead of trying to make a bike a generator would be to make a trailer or a side saddle generator that also used the same engine as the bike. so if one breaks down it can be swapped with one that works.
also i don't think a 4 stroke is needed because of finding gas/oil mix.
the reason is that chainsaws are very much needed in disaster recovery & they use oil/gas mix. all that has to be done is a couple of packets of oil. like opti-2. one packet would make over 100 miles of gas. also the oil could be used for a happy time generator, & a chainsaw.
a chain saw could be put on the other side of the side saddle to balance the bike.
all that & an expandable fiberglass pole to clear downed lines would make one **** of a disaster bike.

i would be happy to donate money to help build such a bike.

i remember in boca raton when we didn't have power for a week & all the trees were knocked down.
a friend drove all the way down from tennessee with supplies.
he didn't even call ahead.
he showed up with gas, chainsaws, several cartons of different kinds of cigarettes, liqueur, & a special green herb.
what a saviour.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Awesome Deco. Your a good guy and well deserved of friends like your's from Tennessee.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Just another thought. I've seen these motorized push trailers that go behind bicycles. Could make that an extra cargo or any of these great ideas. 2 motors on it could do alot more work.