Best way to ship a Whizzer Bike

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I've made two wooden shipping boxes so far, both for the same guy for his own use (not a parcel package service or air frieght). The set was really three boxes total ,one for each bike and one for the wheels . It was a pretty tough project as far as planing went ,the actual construction was basic.
I found that useing an abs polyfoam packing matt. As bummpers was the way to go. And of course ,pedals were removed ,bars rotated 90 deg and down to fit into smallest space.
It all depends on what you are planing ,if you just want a cardboard box ,ask at the local bike store and they'll set you up . If you want something to ship across the globe then maybe I can help . What are you trying to do?

David Huff

Jun 15, 2011
Salem,OR
I am trying to find the best way to transport a Whizzer bike to Salem,Oregon.I guess I will try and get the seller to build a box like you did to transport the bike when I find one to buy.Thanks for your help.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I would deff take the time to build a crate if your gona trust someone or company to transport it ,unfortunately they tend to treat boxes like crap. If you have a company that ships machines near you (or seller ) there scrap will prob be all you need.
If I can help with advice or a rough sketch of what I did please feel free to ask.
Good luck ,enjoy new ride , be safe