chopper.....er

GoldenMotor.com

bottledViolence

Jan 4, 2011
albany ny
my plan is to build a bike that kind of looks like an old chopper like the one in the first pic so i started with this red bike which i have no idea what it is and put chrome drilled forks on it and some riser bars then cut the seatpost down. then i remembered i had a set of occ chopper forks soi threw them on to give it more of a motorcycle look

Attachments

bottledViolence

Jan 4, 2011
albany ny
then once i got the forks on i realized they were a little too long for my liking so i chopped them down and welded a washer and nut to the end of each tube. while i had the bike to a bare frame i painted it black and put a schwinn crank in it and repacked the bearings. i also found a set of chrome bars. i just ordered a quick and thick brick so for now it sits with mountan bike tires and the fender was free from a bike shop (cause they said it was yellow)but im gonna paint it along with the tank in a nice heavy flake.my raw kit just came today so ill start tearing into it and do some porting next

Attachments

bottledViolence

Jan 4, 2011
albany ny
i found a set of mini apes and put them on and i think it looks better and i also sanded that awful yellow off the fender and i might just put some clear over the bare metal. also painted some flake on the tank and some fish gills.it was a quick spraycan job that ill probably redo once the bikes all done

Attachments

bottledViolence

Jan 4, 2011
albany ny
i got my tires and mounted them and the back ended up being WAY too big for the frame so i made a few cuts and spread the triangle and now i just have to weld it up on the bottom and weld a spacer in on top

Attachments

bottledViolence

Jan 4, 2011
albany ny
i dicided to make a chrome air cleaner from an old oil breather for a car. i cut the tip off it and put 2 nuts inside and just ran the screws from the other side of the carb then started polishing the engine covers

Attachments

bottledViolence

Jan 4, 2011
albany ny
then i started putting everything back together and made an exaust out if some olf motorcycle scraps. i still have towire up the lights put on a front brake and attach the rear fender. when going forward the chain is fine but when going backwards it pops off for some reason

Attachments

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
i found a set of mini apes and put them on and i think it looks better and i also sanded that awful yellow off the fender and i might just put some clear over the bare metal. also painted some flake on the tank and some fish gills.it was a quick spraycan job that ill probably redo once the bikes all done

That tank paint is bad ass man..shft.