my dailer beater heap

GoldenMotor.com

roxrcool

May 27, 2009
ashland, oregon
I lurk around here, and never put up pics of the bike I run motors on. this is it. its an electra frame. so far, its seen two different motors, two different rear wheels, and a whole bunch of time spent. 80cc motor pieced together from two different shot motors with a new gasket kit. thing runs like a banshee. bars are from my friends stash given to me after a bent mine. has a ngk 6 plug, mopar plug wire(found on ground at junkyard and FREE) are the only mods. only plan for the future is a 36 tooth sprocket from spooky, and thats it. I get 31mph with this setup and love it.

my car is a vw diesel getting 50 mpg, and i love having it just sit. no point firing that thing up to go five blocks....cvlt1

roxrcool

May 27, 2009
ashland, oregon
i just call it a beater, because it sure doesn't look like it did when it was new eight years ago, and It could use some tlc, but never seems to get it. I blew the first motor I had on it, and learned to take it a little easier on these little things. took half of a friends shot up motor, and put what I could off of mine into that along with some gaskets, and got it running again. It needs to be cleaned up a bit and such, but overall, its definitely "the jankey" bike when there are others around it. this setup seems to be running really wheel. ordering my sprocket tomorrow, and I think thats about all the speed I want on this bike.

and the tires are retrorunners from electra. they can be found online or in certain bike shops.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Nice bike! And not at all a beater. It's nice to see another motorized Electra! My first mb was built on an Electra Coaster 7 frame. It's undergone quite a few mods over the past year but has been the best performing mb I've built (three total so far, parts for #4 on the way).

Pict below...

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Have To Go By The Shop And Take A Pic Of A Real Beater. I Bought It For 50 Bucks, And I Think I Overpaid. I Was In A Hurry To Buy A 28 Ft Pontoon To Make Into A Houseboat. I Did Not Even Notice The Muffler Was Gone, The Frame Is Black From No Muffler. Motor Is Real Loose. Has A Cheap Chrome Job! Lol. DON`T EVEN KNOW IF IT RUNS! Like The Big Utillity Gas Tank ( Like Fair 31`s Junkyard Dog). RON .cvlt1