Dax new drive wow !!!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
DAX now has the Rear Mount system in both Friction Drive and Chain Drive. All made in USA and made from Alloy !!! This Totally new Bracket makes all other rear mounts both Friction and Chain Obsolete , old fashioned, old school..... This Bracket is Copyrighted in its design and Patent Pending. It is the only of its kind !! American Engineering at its best !! Designed and manufactured by Howell Labs USA copyright protected Patent Pending. IT is fantastic !! If you currently have a Friction Drive and wish to updated it, or change over to Chain Drive, this will do it !! At only $39.99, this bracket is the start to a whole new world of performance Motor Assisted Bicycling !! The Steel version designed by Howell Labs is also great and shares some of the same design traits as this new R1 bracket. The differences are as Follows:
1- Super Light weight 1lb 3oz. Compare this to the steel that weighs 4lbs 5.5oz. Wow!! This is Fantastic !!
2- Dual Holes for Locking posistion.
3- 4 holes for mounting are radius cut to allow the rotation of enigne mounted to it for up to 10 degrees of rotation. This is fantastic !! As we all know that most 4 strokes need to be level as possible in order to prevent a hydraulic and damage to enigne. With the ability to rotate the engine up to 10 Degrees full swing, you can get the posistion of the engine closer to perfection than ever before !!! And.. At only $39.99 and made in USA ! This is hands down the biggest advance in rear mount technology to date !!! Here are a few pics to wet the appetite. For more, go to the web site bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor and check them out !!! Get em while supplies last !!! DAX.. Engineering that just makes Cents !!!!
Pics are coming ~~~

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
it sure will.. I now have pics posted on my web site parts page 2. Here is the link..

ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2

It is fantastic !!

I will have larger and more detailed specs posted on both the Friction drive kits and Rear Chain drive kits page by tomorrow. But for now.. You can see it by going to my parts page 2.. Enjoy the ride !!! o yes !!!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I never gave any indications that I like the word wow.. Wow !!! I mean.. wow !! Give me a break !! Also...

Here is an update on this new Bracket .. I hope to have the Complete Chain Drive version posted for sale by Monday. It will be a little more expensive than the Friction Drive Version since it will have a Gear box, Chain, and sprockets. It should not be a whole lot more becuase of this. But it will be more. The Chain Drive version is offered for those that will run in very dirty road conditions, or those that just want a Chain drive system. I love both Friction and Chain drive. They both have attributes that I love !!! They are Awesome !!! Wow !!!

Stoney

Jan 23, 2009
santa barbara
Where's the product? It's Tuesday almost tomorrow - WOW!!! I am waiting for the greatest improvement making friction drive and chain drive's OBSOLETE. cvlt1

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi Stoney. This bracket is listed on parts page 2 if you only want the bracket to upgrade from the steel one. If you want the complete kit rear mount chain drive, you only need to go to the kits page and it is the 3rd kit down. I only have 3 of these alloy brackets left to sell. I will have more in 2 weeks. They are selling super fast for sure.. Here are some links for the kit and parts.

ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2

KIT_REAR_MOUNT_CHAIN_DRIVE

Enjoy the ride...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
What is the diameter of the bearing holes for the friction drive roller?
If someone has a Staton, Boygofast, BMP or other friction kit they need to know this....
thanks
Don't see this info on your website.....

How much width does the gearbox add to the motor?

PS: You made a mistake on your site
THATSDAX said:
Everything you need except the motor. Only $398.99 and Free Shipping.

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
DAX,
Is it hard to pedal the bicycle with the engine off?
i would think that by pedalling, you are driving the gearbox in reverse, IE, 1 to 5 ratio, no?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
What is the diameter of the bearing holes for the friction drive roller?
If someone has a Staton, Boygofast, BMP or other friction kit they need to know this....
thanks
I just measured the bearing on my DAX friction kit:

ID:15mm
OD: 42mm
Width: 13mm

I guess that makes it a 6302-type bearing.

The BMP uses:

ID: 1/2"
OD: 1 3/8"
Width 7/16"

I guess that makes it a 1621-type bearing.

Does anyone have the measurements for the Staton and BGF bearings?

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hard to pedal.? Hummm..... If you have the Friction drive, then you simply use the quick release and lift the drive wheel off your back tire and lock it. Should pedal with zero added friction. That is how it works for me anyway.. Are you not able to lift it? Are you out of room?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Regarding the new DAX chain drive system:

I would think that by pedalling, you are driving the gearbox in reverse, IE, 1 to 5 ratio, no?

reb1

Aug 15, 2010
CALIFORNIA
I would put the driven gear on a left hand freewheel setup on the rear wheel. There would only be the added friction of the added freewheel.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I would have liked an engine/gearbox arrangement that puts the engine more over the rear wheel, kinda like the GEBE setup.
With the BMP and DAX friction drive setups, I can barely squeeze the bike between the cars and house due to the engine being off to the side. With the new DAX chain drive,the engine is even more off to the side. If I get that kit, I don't think I will be able to get it out of the garage!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Rohmell.. With the gear box , it is about the same as with the friction drive in width. It is nice and compact !! To get a bike in and out of tight areas, you only need to wheelie the bike on the back tire and you can thread it into tight places.... Bottom line is.. Everything has pluses and minuses. An Engine in the back higher over the tire is not as good as the same engine lower. Being off to the side and lower is actually better since you do not notice the engine off to the side at all and being lower provides better handling since it lowers the center of gravity. An Engine over the tire is much higher and not as good. With GEBE, it is high and not as good, also, you have the enigne backwards. By that. I mean.. The Exhaust is at the rider and the Carb is pointed out the rear. On the DAX setup, Carb is at the rider, and Exhaust is pointed out the rear and away from rider. This is a huge benifit to the rider. HUGE !! Less noise for the rider. Rider noise is down 3-9db. This is huge since db is log function. every 3db is half power. So.. Being down 3db is half as loud or 50 percent more quiet. . Also.. Using a BMX chain or 415 chain to drive the system.. Well.. anyone can buy BMX chain and 415 is also inexpensive. and they last a long time too... With others, you have to buy a specific belt or drive.. Bottom line is.. The DAX system is inexpensive, reliable, quiet, easy to install, handles superb, and will just flat run circles around the others. And comes with a 1 year warranty to back it up !! There are other good systems out there to be sure.. But they are not better than DAX, but they do cost a lot more..That is for sure.. Enjoy the ride..

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Regarding the new DAX chain drive system:

I would think that by pedalling, you are driving the gearbox in reverse, IE, 1 to 5 ratio, no?
Since no answer to this twice-posted question, looks like the issue is being dodged, so I guess it must be hard to pedal with the engine off.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
hi Rohmell. Since you will be rotating the sprockets, chain and gear box , there will be some intrinsic parasitic loss. This loss increases with speed beacuse of centriputal forces. Bottom line is... Yes.. You can pedal and it pedals nicely. But.... Do not expect to win any bicycle races pedalling and enigne off.. Enjoy the ride...

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
With GEBE, it is high and not as good, also, you have the enigne backwards. By that. I mean.. The Exhaust is at the rider and the Carb is pointed out the rear. On the DAX setup, Carb is at the rider, and Exhaust is pointed out the rear and away from rider. This is a huge benifit to the rider. HUGE !! Less noise for the rider. Rider noise is down 3-9db. This is huge since db is log function. every 3db is half power. So.. Being down 3db is half as loud or 50 percent more quiet.
Using a pocket bike engine with the exhaust port on the bottom, so either way the engine points, the exhaust is down below.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Even on the Case Reed motors, Exhaust port is to the rear and down away from Rider. This is the superior position. It is by far the best way to employ the engine or any engine. The closer the rider is to the motor, the more important this position becomes. Since a compact muffler is so important for these motors , this is critical that the motor have its exhaust down and away from rider . Enjoy the ride..

Last edited: