Golden Eagle and wet weather

GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
My Robin 35cc four-stroke quit running after a trip to the rural king store, about a 15 minute
ride in wet weather. Got out of store and engine would not fire up. Peddle most of the way home before engine dried out and got it running again. Back into looking for reliable running engines for wet weather. Bummer= Thought this one was reliable.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
hmm... ya prolly know this but 99% of engine failures in wet weather are simply one of two things - inadequately insulated electrical system and/or water getting into the fuel system.

Both are pretty easy to address, don't give up on yer trusty Robin ;)

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I had the robin quit running on me again as I was riding down the street in good weather.
After moving kill switch a little, it started and run. About a month ago a strong wind knocked
my bicycle over while parked. I did not notice then that it stretched the kill switch wire by the
kill switch and exposed bare wire to the handle bars. The trusty robin is a keeper and problem
was due to my neglect to check the bike out after being knocked over by the wind. I rode this
bicycle all winter in 15 degrees and above weather. When the weather got down to zero it acted
like it was very hard running on the motor, so 15 degrees and above in winter weather was my limit
to using the trusty gebe. Barely awake was right about saying do not give up on your trusty robin.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
noice!

Rain = the best ground fault indicator FTW heh

I wonder why it didn't like the cold... not that I blame it any ;)