Clutch issues

GoldenMotor.com

and69

Apr 24, 2014
Mesa
I have the 66.5cc China doll. When I engage my clutch, it wont disengage. It pushes through the other side, where the flower nut is. Is that an internal problem to replace or just seals?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
on a new motor, the pads sometimes are stuck from sitting in the crate - if a couple pushes on the pedal won't free it, then open the cover and tap it lightly with a hammer while rolling the bike and clutch locked in open position

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I first read this I thought the OP meant the whole clutch shaft was shifting to the right. Now, reading Crassius's response I understand, I think.

Do you mean the clutch will not disengage?. If so that could be for the reason Crassius gave or your clutch cable is not tight enough. I'll post a link to proper clutch adjustment. Whatever you do, don't start adjusting the flower nut until you have read this tutorial and understand what is involved.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I often see these - pull the clutch & pressure plate moves out, but pads are still stuck to rear plate.

and69

Apr 24, 2014
Mesa
My motor is used, I replaced the clutch, once, but cant remember how I fixed it before. Now its doing it again while riding.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you can see the pressure plate coming out, while the clutch still won't disengage, then the first thing I would look at is the bearing in the clutch hub

the center part is hooked to the shaft & drive sprocket & chain while the outer part is hooked to the small gear

hold the bike from moving, take out spark plug, and with pressure plate off try to turn the large gear or small gear - if neither will turn, you may have debris from the pads stuck in the bearing

that bearing is way hard to get apart, but a new clutch hub is cheap