Another car show, the usual suspects...

GoldenMotor.com

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
It was a beautiful day for a car show, and the annual November show at Goldstrom's never disappoints:

Clear skies, 80f temps & no wind - a great day to relax

And share our hobby with the rest of the car world. We get great interest, much of it from people with 50 thousand dollar hot rods parked a few spaces away.

As always, Scott stayed with the bikes most of the day explaining the various builds and promoting our hobby. While the rest of us wandered the show, went through the museum...

The annual event is a fund raiser for Parkinson's Disease research. They have a raffle every half hour, live entertainment, and good food. Entry is free to pedestrians. Raffle tickets area a buck, and 100% goes to charity -prizes are all donated.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for sharing and for being a good ambassador for the hobby.
Car shows that don't charge admission for spectators are the only ones I attend anymore. Good for the promoters of the show you featured.
And your bikes look great and right at home with the hot rods.

Tom

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Thanks Wheelbender!

Most of those bikes are ridden regularly. The bike with the 21" motorcycle tires is Chilly Mike's daily driver. The 79cc 4 stroke at the front made a 45 minute drive to get to the show, and he rides a lot on weekends.

I know Scott rides the green bike with the pit bike engine to work a few days a week, and it is a 25 minute ride for him.

The little Nautilus bike is a weekend only rig for the owner, but he still puts miles on it.

Anne:
The articulating sidecar chassis with the toolbox is the most versatile machine I could build. It is as useful as a car in fair weather. In fact, my pickup truck has stood still so much this summer i had a brake caliper that was stuck the other day when I needed the truck.

We all ride separately, and get together when we can. All of us promote the hobby when anyone shows interest.