Staton Friction Drive For Sale

GoldenMotor.com

Smallwheels

Dec 18, 2008
Montana
This was my second motorized bicycle kit. It was made by Staton. It is a really substantial chunk of metal. This U channel should last forever. I liked it but it wore out my tires from the inside too fast. The threads would pop out and then pop the inner tube. I kept using it until the little metal roller was worn down too much.

The bearings on this are totally worn and need to be replaced. I have bearings somewhere in my storage unit but I can't find them right now. So those new replacement bearings from Staton aren't included in this. When I eventually find them I will list them for sale here.

This is a well made kit with very few things to go wrong. Mine is just in need of replacement parts. I think the roller size on this one is one inch. It worked well with the 32 cc Tanaka motor I had from my Golden Eagle kit. The roller is worn and should be replaced too.

What I have for sale is the basic friction kit with two mounting supports for the rear and the one U shaped mount for the front. The quick release tensioner wore out and isn't included. About the time this kit was wearing down I ordered a different one. That is when I stopped using this one. Look at the attached photos to see it all.

All I want for this one is $30 plus shipping. We'll need to figure out shipping. It must be done using the USPS because I can walk to that one. It is just a mile away from my home.

To be clear; you will need new bearings and a way to mount them. I didn't have the equipment to do it and that is why I didn't immediately install my replacement bearings. Thus I've misplaced them. You will need to replace the roller because the one installed is a bit smooth. If you like to add glue and sand to your rollers then you might be able to refurbish this one. You'll still need the bearings. and you'll need a new quick release tensioner to hold it in place.

Let me know soon that you want it and we'll figure out the shipping cost.

Thank you.

Michael
Smallwheels

Attachments