my first motor bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Well, now you got me started!

I have a 2.2125 from Husky and I just measured mine and it is 1.5"??????????

Maybe we are missing something here or being screwed by Husky LOL.

Last edited:

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
mabey they refer to the size tire the bike they intend you to put it on has?!
i dont know i guess ill keep them though they look pretty cool the more i look at them and they was really inexpensive so im pretty happy i guess

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
mabey they refer to the size tire the bike they intend you to put it on has?!
i dont know i guess ill keep them though they look pretty cool the more i look at them and they was really inexpensive so im pretty happy i guess
You might be correct about that Joe, I am going to shoot them a e-mail when I have time and see what they say.

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
0K here the stuff i bought

here is the thickness

i guess it dont show up too well on the pic but it says 1.532 or so
still really wide compared to anything else i have. i think it will look pretty ol' school like i want

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
Alright! scored this killer schwinn tonight! my friends dad gave it to me fo FREE.
its gonna be a great doner for some parts i was gonna have to make/buy
im freakin ecstatic about it!

dance1

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
wheel news!

the schwinn i got has a set of rims on it that clearly say 26x1.75
but they only measure a little over 1.25 wide on the rim

does anyone know if this is pretty standard and thats the reason my 2.125 husky rims are only like 1.5 wide

just slightly perplexed my mt bike rims say 28mm wide and they are exactly that

any thoughts?

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Ya the rim width is narrower than the real tire width. It makes the sidewall squishier. (is that a word?) When you pull the jug make sure you look at the piston ring grooves. 2 strokes have a alignment pin in the groove so the rings don't rotate the ends into the port. On these motors the two pins go towards the intake side of the cylinder. Everybody's fins come bent, don't know why. Nice Rocky is it titanium?

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
anyways i have gotten back to work on the bike now!

i know all i did was get it stripped big whoop.

BUT! i have a new ?

the steering was really tight when i picked up the bike and i just thought i needed lubed or something
but i was wrong the bike ran into something i guess cuz the steer tube was crazy bent inside the headtube had to use a hammer to get it out at all. i think you can tell its out of whack in the pick i have of the bike on an earlier post

i know the fork is junk. but i was wonderin about the frame , the headtube mics out good(its still round) and is straight according to my straight edge.

so question is- are the any unseen stresses here i should worry about or just get a fork and go with it?

Last edited:

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
heres my current progress- actually got some cutting and welding done!

shortend the seatube by 3 1/4"
and got it welded back together. i cant believe how good i was able to make it look!

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
spoke holes in these hubs are too small for 12g spokes had to drill them out
the amount of material that had to be removed was soooo small though i dont know why the did that

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
hmm
i guess the project has made an abrupt stop and taken off in another direction and i didnt note that

the frame is goin to have 2 top tubes like the boardtrack guys
i have an idea for front suspension i want to get figured out
and will be using some flavor of the shift kit

had to shorten the seat tube so the old top tube will be the lower one and the head tube is going to get a slight raising mabey 1/2"-3/4" will get that measurement hard once i get a complete wheel stuck in my new fork

joewlms3

May 20, 2009
south carolina
just got some parts ordered from sickbikeparts, cranks and chainrings and whatnot

just a note bicycle wheels are a pain to lace up! i have done motorcycle wheels before no problem but those 11g spokes on that 3speed hub was a pain. im gonna have my LBS guy true the wheels up i hate trueing wheels its a total pain cuz i wont spring for a stand

remember! a pack of 50 spokes is not enough for 2 36spoke wheels!
had to order another pack from husky and pay $12 shipping again guess i got past that idiot moment