Slugo 4inch 80cc help!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Slugo777

Sep 16, 2016
Johnson City,TN
Names Aaron Inlive in North East Tennessee, I've got my slugo fully built and all together and then I realize... the chain will not clear the tire... I'm using an 80cc 2 stroke engine but I have no idea what to do now, I have so much money tied up in this dang bicycle and now I can't even ride it.... :(:-||
Does anyone know if they make or sell a conversion kit to fit an 80cc 2 stroke onto a micargi slugo one speed?

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I put some mildly fat tires on my walmart onex and had to find a special skinny chain to make them work.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but..
With those 4" fatties, you either need a jackshaft or an offset engine mounting setup.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Picture two small sprockets, almost side by side on a shaft, supported by two bearings on a 'U' shaped bracket welded to the seat tube, sticking out to the left.
The engine chain on the inner one, the drive chain to the rear on the outer.
I think this would be the easiest fix for a fat tire.
Offsetting the engine past the frame tube would be too much anyhow.
Some motorbike supply company might make some money selling that fat offset jackshaft. Lots of fatbikes out there now.
It will rob a little power, but it lets the fat tire be used.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Picture two small sprockets, almost side by side on a shaft, supported by two bearings on a 'U' shaped bracket welded to the seat tube, sticking out to the left.
The engine chain on the inner one, the drive chain to the rear on the outer.
I think this would be the easiest fix for a fat tire.
Offsetting the engine past the frame tube would be too much anyhow.
Some motorbike supply company might make some money selling that fat offset jackshaft. Lots of fatbikes out there now.
It will rob a little power, but it lets the fat tire be used.
If you used steel plates and U bolts to make your own mounting hardware, you could shift your engine over just a little bit provided your engine isn't a super tight fit inside the frame.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
If you used steel plates and U bolts to make your own mounting hardware, you could shift your engine over just a little bit provided your engine isn't a super tight fit inside the frame.
Absolutely. If you had a small diameter down tube you might even grind out the fishmouth part of the cases and shim it over for all the clearance needed. Need those thin tubes, though.
I think my tire was 65 mm, and it was a problem. It balloons up bigger than that.
There is a kind of chain, like 415-I or H ? that is strong but narrow.
That's how I got around it.

Hey, the tube could be cut out at the strategic spot, replaced with welded in, off center smaller tube and problem solved.
Frame might be weakened but that stops noone around here.

Last edited:

Dooley

Nov 6, 2016
Florida
I am going to end up building this bike and would like to know did they have a offset mount? And were there any other things you needed? Thanks

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Names Aaron Inlive in North East Tennessee, I've got my slugo fully built and all together and then I realize... the chain will not clear the tire... I'm using an 80cc 2 stroke engine but I have no idea what to do now, I have so much money tied up in this dang bicycle and now I can't even ride it.... :(:-||
Does anyone know if they make or sell a conversion kit to fit an 80cc 2 stroke onto a micargi slugo one speed?

Hahaha

Attachments