Bike not starting

GoldenMotor.com

seefish33

Jul 1, 2014
PA
Hey all,

So i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this so if its not direct me elsewhere…
anyway, I'm having issues with my motorized bicycle. I peddle it to get started but when i release the clutch and give it throttle nothing happens. It sounds like the engine is going but it's just the gliding bike turning it until it stops.
I initially thought it wasn't sparking. I replaced all electrical components. I tested for spark and felt it shock me a little so I'm assuming that means there is a spark.
now i'm thinking throttle issue maybe?

Please help! or if you need more info about my situation let me know!
Thanks so much!

Cory

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
after checking spark, I'd next check that plug is wet & choke is working - in that area, I'd also check that slide is going all the way down to bottom

Paddy

Jun 26, 2015
Ireland
Hi cory, by the sounds of things you do have a spark and your problem is fuel or compression. But before this just incase its the spark plug, take out your spark plug, clean it (wire brush and sandpaper), regap it(width of a hacksaw blade) and plug it in. Hold the side of the plug on the head to earth it and roll the bike forward/spin the wheel. If you see the spark youve cleared that up, if not recheck your electrics. If you have the spark make sure you have no leaky gaskets around the inlet and exhaust ports the compression and suction are crucial for your engine. If thats okay check your fuel tank the valve might be stuck or if theres a screening filter on the tank it could be blocked as could your inline fuel filter outside the tank, check for blocked fuel lines aswell the easiest way your gonna check this is by pulling the pipe off your carburretor and turning on the valve and be careful not to drip fuel onto the engine because heat and petrol were never a good match outside the cylinder!! Check for a blocked air filter and if your choke lever is working. The next thing to check would be the carb. Strip it and clean it with brake/carb cleaner and blow it out with the compressor. Make sure the float in the carburettor isnt leaking either. Hope this helps.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Check for air leaks at--> head gasket and head, intake manifold at engine connection and carb connection, exhaust output connection. Make sure the carb jet is not gummed up with oil and that the carb is clean, is it getting gas?