Another Hole in the Head.......

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Like I really wanted another hole in my head. A week ago today I went in for Moh's surgery for a little skin cancer I had on my left temple. The cancer had been there for several years and really didn't bother me so I didn't do much about it except a few years back I let my Dad apply a dab of "black salve" to it.

The salve seemed to do the trick as it burned a nice hole in my head and seemed to do what it was supposed to do.....eat the cancer cells and such. That healed and all seemed well for a few more years until just recently it appeared again and started getting irritated. It still didn't hurt or bother me but it did start to bleed on it's own for no reason and I decided to get it checked out by a dermatologist.

As I had suspected it was indeed a form of skin cancer but not seriously dangerous like a melanoma. I had a few other smaller ones burned off the day I was examined, on my face and right forearm. I was then scheduled for Moh's treatment for the basal cell carcinoma on my temple......enjoy the pics

this was after 7hrs. and 7 times cutting and cauterizing the cancer wound

after an hour and a half of stitching the wound

the bandage

That was a very long day last Monday.....9 hours and awake during the whole surgery. I went in today and got the stitches removed......a much nicer half-hour visit ;) It is healing fast and looking much better now.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yow!

Are you going to need to have the site frozen as well? I found that to be even more unpleasant than the cutting and scraping.

I've had those pre-cancerous carcinomas removed from a forearm and an ear lobe. I've also got some that I suppose I'll need to remove right on the top of my head. I have a hairline similar to yours.

So......if you don't have any on your scalp, then you need to protect yourself.
Wear a hat.

At all times. Even indoors. Even at night. Even in your sleep!

Well.....maybe you don't really need to go quite that far.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Glad you are doing well Scotto.

Little skin cancers are the price we pay for all the time we get to enjoy the outdoors in the southwest.

Just keep an eye out for them, see a Dermatologist and deal with them early. I have a history of cancer, and my doc spotted something on the back of my arm a couple years ago. Straight to the Dermatologist - before it became another Oncology issue. Pulled my shirt off & she started drawing circles on me like she was inspecting a bad paint job...

Biopsy results on the samples were negative - all but one.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Geeze. Heal up Scotto!

But since nobody else has...

Let me be the first to whack you up side the head. "Black salve"?

DIY cancer treatments?

Dude. Cancer is nothing to mess with, it kills you. Go to the doc first and forget the "black goo" next time eh?