gas tank alternatives

GoldenMotor.com

chris8686

May 2, 2013
Bellingham
I am about to go under way on a new build and I am looking into getting a gas tank that mounts to the seat post or rack mount. Who or where out there can I find a keg style tank?

currently I am using the 79cc predator tank strapped down to my bike rack. I am really happy with this and would do it again on my new bike but the fuel capacity is under 1L and has a fuel range of 30ish miles.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
If you can weld ... Or you even just know how to cut out a pattern ... You can cut and fit an in frame tank made out of steel or aluminum and have someone weld it up for you...

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
I have one of those same weed whacker tanks strapped to the seat post on one of mine. That particular chainsaw tank is pretty small, so I like to have a reserve on board.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
bummer, was thinking of 2 of those for an HT, but getting a petcock in there doesn't seem easy

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Maybe this one? it's an old 80's moped tank that looks like it holds about a gallon and the lack of a tunnel on the underside means it could be rack mounted pretty easily... I got this one on my watch list but decided against buying it for mine because I'd rather have a conventional frame mounted tank and there's plenty more that'll frame mount for close to the same price for me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331113301879?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Those Ghettobike tanks look Sweeeet!!
If I had a beach cruiser I'd be buying one of them... but I'm looking more for the rugged dirtbike look so I'm looking more for a small dirtbike or 80's style moped tank like maybe a Puch Monza tank for my build.