Throttle issues?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Sounds like you still might have a intake leak.

I concur, doctor.

Make sure that the carb is tight on the intake. Make sure the the cylinder jug is tight. All of these can also leak air that will mess with your mixture and idle speed.

Good luck!!

Jesse_James

Apr 9, 2013
USA
Alright guys I thank everyone for helping me with this issue. Sorry I have been out for awhile I just wanted to give myself a break from fixing it. I took the old carb off and put another one on. (A friend of mine gave me an engine kit that he never used before and it was laying around his garage for a long time) so I put that other carb on and it fired right up. I would be wondering what is wrong with the old carb even tho I'm still keeping it.

nathanmd33

Sep 23, 2013
Watkinsville Ga
Interesting. I Made one of these bikes and I am 15. I had some problems early on but Now it is mostly sorted out. I also have a problem where I am riding on full throttle and it revs and starts to go fast but then will slow down like there is not fuel getting to the engine. I am not sure what to do, I though moisture had gotten in the line but a new batch of fuel indicates no. Also does anyone know where to get a mount to mount the engine on the bike. One of mine broke off and I need some of the screws that hold me mount in. Anyways, I would love to hear an answer soon.
Thanks,
Nate

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if it is surging fast,slow,fast,etc., then it is most likely too much vibration at the carb causing fuel to foam in the bowl

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
either get the vibration out of the engine by working with the mounts, or use a piece of rubber hose between the carb & the engine, then fasten the carb to the frame