Hi from Illinois

GoldenMotor.com

freezerboy

May 12, 2010
over there yonder
Hi all, names Rick and right now im working on 3 builds. 2 have 4 stroke huasheng engines and the other is a 2 stroke. The two stroke is on a 26" schwinn beach bike and one huasheng is on a 32" genesis bike with dax friction on the rear. The other huasheng is a frame mount grubee 4g kit fron gasbike.net and its goin into a iron horse mountain bike from wally. Im thinking of using top hat sprocket adapter on that bike. If anyone has any experience with that sprocket adapter, let me know what you think. None of the bikes are ready but the 2 stroke is close. i will post some pics in the upcoming weeks as i progress more.
Thanks for providing such a great place to get info.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. it sounds like you're into this pretty deep. It is addictive. Can't advise you on the hub adapter. My experience is with clam shell adapters mad by Creative Engineering. You could try posting a thread with top hat adapter in the title. Good luck and share some photos when you can.
SB

freezerboy

May 12, 2010
over there yonder
I used to lurk here for a few years and built my first couple of bike with manic mechanic sprocket adapters that i ordered from both manic website and pirate cycles. Manic mechanic is the same thing as Creative Engineering isn't it? Are the same adapters being made by someone else? Pirate site don't call them manic anymore. Anyway i had a couple of those type slip slightly and were kind of leaning on the spokes, so i thought id give the top hat a try. I also had a clamshell adapter once a while back from livefaST motors that i never did use because it needed too much machine work to make it fit.
The bike im getting the sprocket adapter for has front and rear disk brakes already.

Im still waiting on 2 bikes ordered from walmart. Both are getting huasheng 4 stroke 49cc engines. Just anxious for warmer days now. Working in a unheated garage lately.

I'm in Moline illinois, on the border of illinois and iowa in a area known as quad cities. Not much goin on around here usually. i'll keep you posted on the bikes.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
We have seven guys who show to almost everything ,and around twenty at the most MAYBE once a year! We do a run every sun during the season and try and do at least one club road trip. Wed night is bike night at my place and after three years we have a pretty nice shop set up . So far there are three IL chapters and the start of one in WI. But its very informal so far ,the only rules are ,show up sober(ish),build and mantian your own bike ,dont be a ass$&:)!?
Summer nights are a good time when we do a pub run and we always draw a crowd.
The diff guys have pretty well covered southern WI and northern Il. And every couple years we try and get all the chapters to meet in darlington WI . Thats a great town and always a good time (were going again this spring)
The forum is a great place to get a club going as you know if a guy is serious or not and can get to know someone a little before they just show up!
We meet filestyle down in decatur for one of his rallys after talking on the forum and it was one of those once in a lifetime trips ,we still talk about it years later .
Those guys meet us in darlington the next year and same thing!
I would love to grow to a statewide org. Someday ...

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You shouldn't have issues with the top hat slipping it bolts right to your hub where the disc bolts and is raised with another mounting flange for the disc brake. Kings sales is the guy to talk to. Welcome !

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
" But its very informal so far ,the only rules are ,show up sober(ish),build and mantian your own bike ,dont be a ass$&:)!? " Gosh, that's kind of discriminating, isn't it? No ass$&:)?s? That's a lot of people you're eliminating, so to speak. Ha!

Sounds like a great club. Wish we had something like that in my part of the world. Post your schedule on the forum... you never know when one of us out of staters might be passing through and would like to meet you guys. As it looks right now Fasteddy is showing up at my place in northeastern Minnesota for summer bike camp in June. Then I'm going to ride along with him when he goes to N.H. to meet up with his son and do some riding out that way. On the way back we'll stop in Maryland to empty out a 1951 Spatan trailer iI used to winter in and get it ready to sell. Then back to Minnesota for the rest of motorbike summer camp for riding, building, fishing, swimming and generally being twelve years old again. Be fun to stop along the way to ride with forum guys. Steve will be hauling his Indian tri- car build and I'll bring my daily rider, a 50 Schwinn American Flyer.
SB

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Silverbear if you are going to be traveling from NH to MD you should be going by my way I would love it if you and eddy stopped by if I have a bike running we could go for a ride or I could just whip up an awesome meal. I'm in Plymouth ma rt. 3 south

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
We'll definitely keep it in mind and let it be known as we get closer to knowing just what thetravel plans are and when.
A bike ride would be great. Sharing a meal is always good and even just a cup of coffee or tea and some conversation would be a fine thing. There are a lot of cool people on this forum who I have never met, but count as friends from afar... you're one of them!
SB

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I would love to see anyone who is makeing there way past chicago area . I think its one of the best functions of this forum is to be able to cordinate travel plans with other riders.
This also brings me back to the idea of a national (or regional) rally? Every year?

freezerboy

May 12, 2010
over there yonder
You shouldn't have issues with the top hat slipping it bolts right to your hub where the disc bolts and is raised with another mounting flange for the disc brake. Kings sales is the guy to talk to. Welcome !
Have you used this adapter yourself? So i guess if i shim it correctly so that the chain and calipers line up and have ample clearance, and then grind off the bolts that sandwich everything together i would have it made. I'm ready to give it a try. My iron horse walmart bike will be ready for pickup tomorrow. Going to be pretty cold here for the next couple of days anyhow.