Need 26 inch Worksman wheels (any)

GoldenMotor.com

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Howdy,

Anyone have any Worksman 26 inch wheels for sale?

If they're 26 inch I can use them. I dont care if they are front or rear.

Please call me at 951-609-7554 (DONT RESPOND TO THIS OR SEND PM)

Thanks much,
Kris

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Bigbutterbean,

I do not have access to email at all times and would rather speak live so I requested sellers call me. Thanks for posting your thoughts/concern.

Worksman can no longer supply wheels. I have been waiting on an order I placed 2 months ago.
When I originally ordered them I was told 7 days.
Since it had been almost 2 months, I inquired and was told they do not have enough to sell separately.
I have ordered from them about 50 times over the past few years. EVERY time it is a nightmare. Always late, excuses, no communication, wrong orders received, spoke pattern changes, etc...)

They are the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with so I am looking for about 12 wheels to finish what I've started then I quit Worksman.

It is tough to fulfill orders for custom builds when relying on an outfit like this. When I give a customer a completion time estimate I prefer to be somewhat accurate.
I cannot count the number of customers I've had to explain Worksman issues to!

Even though it is out of my control it reflects on me.

Thanks again :)

By the way, do you have any wheels? Call me if so.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Try husky they are as close as it gets to worksman, the only difference I can tell is the spoke gauge. Im sure as it gets colder Worksman will catch up and be able to offer seperate parts,

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Maxpower and Chainmaker,

THANK YOU BOTH! I truly appreciate your input.

I looked at custom motored bikes and those wheels are too thin and modern for the look needed.

I have used Husky wheels in the past but they also have a square shoulder which looks modern. Rrrrrr, there aren't any other choices besides Worksman if you need a 26" wheel with a round shoulder.
I am considering a 24" wheel that Lurker used on his "Cobra" build a couple of years ago. It looks really beefy and with the tires he used, it is around 26".

Again, thanks for the reply's my friends...

Kris

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I do have a worksman front drum wheel, but I am sorry to tell you I'm not willing to part with it. I got way too lucky to come across it for $35. I do not mean to sound negative, but I doubt that you are going to find 12 worksman wheelsets, especially when worksman themselves is saying they dont have enough to supply them separately. You may have to bite the bullet here and just use modern looking wheels.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Antique, you mentioned about building customers bikes, I thought Taylor builds your bikes, I'm confused :-(

Good luck finding the wheels, you are in the same boat as me now. Here in Australia I can only dream of owning a set of worksman wheels.... It's hard to believe in your economy that there is a product with more demand then supply.

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
It seems like every time I post something I end up answering more questions about what my post said rather than what the content of the post was about!

I just thought I'd reach out to the people on this forum to solve a problem but instead I will answer questions...

Bigbutterbean,
Sounds like you scored! I have found 9 of 16 needed. read my response to Maxpower for further details...

Maxpower,

I went back to the site you reccommended and saw that they have Worksman in stock! Better yet, they sell the short spokes individually so I dont have to order a whole wheel for use with my moped hub!
Thanks again for that link, you are my favorite :)
They charge more than Worksman, which makes sense. The customer surely wont mind the added few bucks to get their build a month earlier than it could be.

Harry76,
I am NOT the builder, Dan is. (I help him with sales/customer relations, design, locating period correct pieces for replicating and finding pre war bicycle parts since it is my forte').
I didnt want to spend a lot of time explaining my relationship with Taylar Cycles when responding to someone questioning my ad. All I was trying to accomplish is helping Dan locate wheels since the majority of his current customers came from me. Forgive me for misrepresenting myself.
I have found 9 wheels so far and need 7 more. They aren't too hard to find, used. Got 2 yesterday for 90 bucks. 1 was laced with the drum hub, ready to go. The other came with the short spokes that will work with my moped hub. (NICE!)
I'm tired...

I love you all :)

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thats unfortunate to here about Worksman. Bout 3 weeks ago I ordered a bunch of parts for a cycle truck project I have. I was hopeing to have the parts by now and was gonna call Woksman Monday to find out WTF. By the sounds of things I'll be waiting till next summer...