This was the last time I ordered from GasBike.net

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thats impossible butterbean. Those pretty deep scratches got there after they were machined. But oh well, Im going to try it like that. The bike is sold anyways. Next one I get in 3-4 weeks is custom frame with GoKart engine.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you will do as many of us here have it might seal better, sand the head and cylinder mating surfaces on a piece of flat glass with sandpaper attached to it. This has worked for me in the past.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yes I did sand it already with fine sanding paper but the scratches are pretty deep. I will take it apart again once I drove it a couple days and see how it looks like. Thank you

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You may need to sand in stages with coarser paper then the fine to get it better. With the paper attached to a true flat surface sand the head in a random circle, kinda like sanding a car before painting.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Didnt took off that much, but what I mean is that the head of this engine have a much smaller combustion chamber than the other engines I had. Hey Jonny. Did the GT5 come with a "LD Z4JC" spark plug with 3 arms?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Thats impossible butterbean. Those pretty deep scratches got there after they were machined. But oh well, Im going to try it like that. The bike is sold anyways. Next one I get in 3-4 weeks is custom frame with GoKart engine.
Its impossible that I have seen other heads scratched like that right out of the box? so yours is the only head that looks like that from the factory? They come from China, where the people who work in the factories where they are made get paid next to nothing. You are not understanding how poorly the quality is controlled in these factories. People have found hair, newspaper, and cigarette butts in their engine casing, just to name a few examples. Perhaps your head didnt come off the line with those scratches, but obviously something happened between the time it came off the line and the time you took it out of the box. and you are not the only person this has happened to. Many others have found all manner of things wrong with their engines, right out of the box.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
No, whats impossible is, that thats how the heads look after they were machined. They must have been handled very bad where they put the engine together. I believe you that you have seen many like that, but thats not how they come out of the machine building them. I dont even want to imagine how they work there, but on the other hand I dont want to judge without being there once.

But thats how it is now and I'm dealing with it. My old head doesnt have anything like that and it must be like a hundred years old.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
thats what hes saying between it being machined and assemled something happened not all that damage is from casting some is from some careless jackass and these jobs are not all that bad compared to starving to death thats how you have to look at it they make enough to live on thats all that is important to them

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
They're all "Niche" stores yes in Cohoots although once spooky tooth changed hands I have'nt had a problem with shipping, who know's????

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
OK for the fairness for GasBike I have to add this here. I waited for today to get to talk to the Support even even though the guy I talked to was a little unfriendly I got it resolved in a fair way. First he told me I cant get a refund since it was used and I had to ship it back to get it replaced with the same engine and a while later I called back to tell him that due shipping costs and waiting time it would be better if I just order the parts I think cause the problem (Piston, Rings, Cylinder Case). He told me that if I pay for the shipping they would send it to me like that but after checking address and me asking him how I could pay the shipping, he told me that they will just ship it for free and give me the parts for free as well. This way I can keep driving the bike until then even without good compression and dont have to pay anything. Now all whats left is to hope it was that and that the new parts have compression.

Still wouldnt order from GasBike again since now I know how cheap the engines are on ebay.