budget rear wheel setup, help please!

GoldenMotor.com

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
i was considering getting a grubee hub and a double wall rim, but it would cost more than an already built wheel. pirate cycles has a worksman for $75! then comes the problem of mounting a sprocket. who sells an adapter for the worksman that isn't ridiculously expensive? i am using a hf 99 engine.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i was considering getting a grubee hub and a double wall rim, but it would cost more than an already built wheel. pirate cycles has a worksman for $75! then comes the problem of mounting a sprocket. who sells an adapter for the worksman that isn't ridiculously expensive? i am using a hf 99 engine.
The cheapest adapter with Priority shipping price included is from Manic Mechanic.
www.mmbikeparts.com

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Hmmm what do you guys think about the cb-e110 hub? Are the bearings good enough to handle a 99cc engine? I will be casting my own sprocket to save money, using a 44 tooth from a rag joint as the mold pattern. Maybe a will do an adapter later, but I really want to finish my build with a couple weeks of summer left.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
All these venders listed will deliver to you in a very quick fast short amount of time! There was a problem with M.M. parts for a few vendors.. never could restock and the wait times were bad upsetting folks. A buddy of mine waited over 3 months just for a sprocket. Every body else has stayed very consistent tho.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...23&ss=#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=cb-e110 hub&gsc.page=1 Bairdco uses these hubs and loves them. might P.M. him?

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...?f=23&ss=#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=cb-e110 hub bairdco

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
There was a problem with M.M. parts for a few vendors.. never could restock and the wait times were bad upsetting folks. A buddy of mine waited over 3 months just for a sprocket.
Manic Mechanic has a NEW OWNER named George who bought the
website and rights to sell MM products.

George and his company have the adapters and sprockets in stock
and ship very fast by USPS Priority Mail which is included in the price.

www.mmbikeparts.com

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Please, I don't want to have a heated argument here, deal with it in a dedicated thread. So, what about the wheelmaster wheels? Pirate cycles has some good deals on them, and they use smaller spokes but I think it will be ok with the 99cc predator. Are the rims good? They have a sprocket adapter for $45, so I can get a whole wheel and adapter for $95 plus $15 shipping. Not bad at all, but I'm a real penny pincher. I will see if I can have one made for me cheaper from my dad's machinist friend. I may just pay him to let me use his machines and advice.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Gosh man a machine shop at your disposal! Shoot man you could even invent your own line of hub adapters! That is pretty darn kewl. Wish I could use a machine like that(^)dance1

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Anyone who buys a product directly from Manic Mechanic is a fool!
There are at least 4 years of negative posts printed here about MM ripping off his customers (& his own vendors)! & this info about Neil (MBR) being related to MM would make perfect sense; (Looking back at all the defending (& spaming) that he's done (& is still doing) for MM over all these years). :rolleyes:

Is it true Neil? Are you related to Jim (Manic Mechanic)?
Jim aka manic mechanic sold the business and has Not been connected
to the business for quite a while.

A very nice guy named George bought the website and rights to sell
the products.
If you don't believe me call him yourself.

www.mmbikeparts.com
They are only selling 2 adapters with either a 44 or 48 tooth sprocket.

We need every option for bike parts that we can get.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Yep, I will cast myself a bunch of rough parts and machine them down. I built a small foundry in my backyard, that is how I am making an engine mount. I will be selling those. I hope to have a prototype by Friday. I might sell aluminum sprockets, too. All done through eBay. I am buying a drill press tomorrow that will help me increase production and accuracy. I am going to order the wheel tonight.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Wheelmaster 26" ss 12ga spokes on a CB-110 hub. I have ground shipping, how fast do you think it will get to Chicago?
Nice choice. I was thinking about getting the Worksman($75) . It shouldn't take long. I order from them a couple weeks ago. And it only took about 2 or 3 days. Don't remember what kind of shipping. Are you buying a Hub adaptors too?

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
If you're getting that wheel from Pirate why not get the adapter from them too? There is a drop down in the listing for the worksman wheel to add the adapter for another $45.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
If you're getting that wheel from Pirate why not get the adapter from them too? There is a drop down in the listing for the worksman wheel to add the adapter for another $45.
But I don't think they offer free shipping on the adaptors and MM does. And maybe a 40 tooth sprocket too, MM does free shipping on this too . I was thinking about asking P.C. to maybe do Free shipping

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
But I don't think they offer free shipping on the adaptors and MM does. And maybe a 40 tooth sprocket too, MM does free shipping on this too . I was thinking about asking P.C. to maybe do Free shipping
They are only 50 dollars shipped.last I checked.
I saw the quality first hand of this one just last week it was bullet proof on the machine it went on! http://www.piratecycles1.com/picycbspad.html 50 dollars to my door and came to the door fast too.:)
The one I saw went right on a coaster brake wheel