gas pouring out of carb

GoldenMotor.com

Creative Sawmonkey

Oct 6, 2010
Tampon, Litterbox(FL)
ok so ive got a customers bike here and it wont quit pouring gas out the carb. Its not the float and ive readujsted the arms 20 times put different carbs. this guys been riding this thing for a year and i cant figure it out. and ive cleaned it 5 times i just dont get it

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
well it could be a bad needle valve. to diagnose this i would take it apart again, connect a clean fuel hose to the fuel intake and blow through the hose while lifting the float tabs if u can blow thru the valve is leaking

my carb was leaking this way before i lapped the valve with some baking soda tooth paste

after the valve was lapped i blew into the hose as hard as i could trying to break the seal but couldnt never had that problem again

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
well it could be a bad needle valve. to diagnose this i would take it apart again, connect a clean fuel hose to the fuel intake and blow through the hose while lifting the float tabs if u can blow thru the valve is leaking

my carb was leaking this way before i lapped the valve with some baking soda tooth paste

after the valve was lapped i blew into the hose as hard as i could trying to break the seal but couldnt never had that problem again
Mine did dat and I also had performance problems, found the carb was loose on the manifold. DUHHH! Tightened her up, leakage stoppped and performance was back to normal.

yodar

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
The worst I've had for gas leaking was related to the brass bit (that the needle valve sits in) that dips into the fuel bowl coming loose (then coming off). Once it was reattached it was fine. I get the odd drip or two now and then but nothing to worry about that way.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
WA, how did you hang on to the cns needle to lap it to the seat????

I had considered doing that when mine had dumping probs and couldn't figger a way, with the spring loaded tip and all.... there's just no room I could find to grip it!

...after a number of very small adjustments, mine magically fell into place.

and there was no grit or obstruction...

no more probs!

MAGIC

:)
rc