Can't wait to build!

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Hey everyone,

Just recently saw a RAW 50cc build at a local hot rod shop mounted on a cheapie Huffy cruiser and was hooked! Being a designer and car builder, my mind instantly went into design mode and the possibilities of a sick bike and a great board track/traditional hot rod themed build! Then I found this site and it all started to make sense!

I plan on finding a frame/complete bike this week to start on. I would love to start with a Workman frame but feel it may be a bit wiser to start with a cheapie Huffy or something of the like just to get the feel of the motor bicycle world. Started looking through good ol' craigslist and plan on hitting up some local thrift stores and such this week. I will be going with an 80cc Grubee, performance carb and expansion chamber to start with. I'm pretty familiar with 2 strokes coming from a background in Quad racing, as well as nitro R/C.

I'd love any input you guys could give me with some of the build thoughts I have. I can hardly wait to get this thing started!

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Flat, welcome.

Sounds like your well on your way. Looking forward to seeing what you build.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Thanks! After a bit more research, I've found the "performance" carbs aren't all they're cracked up to be. So I guess the standard with a bit of massaging will do the trick.

I do have a lead on a 60's Higgins. We'll see what happens with that.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Get the expansion chamber, and the muffler that goes with it, fuel filter, petcock, high performance air filter from sbp(Sick Bike Parts.com)
Get the billet intake from Pirates Cycles(u get free candy, free business cards, and a free Clutch panel stick. A good NGK plug will help. Get the high performance plug wire from SBP also.