Hello from Prescott, AZ

GoldenMotor.com

mhomewood

Apr 17, 2011
Prescott
Hey guys. First off I would like to say thanks for all the useful information on this forum. I'll be building my fist bike next weekend pending arrival of the GT5 kit. I do have a couple questions though. I'll be putting the skyhawk GT5 on a Schwinn Point Beach. Are there any issues putting the 44 tooth sprocket that comes with the kit on a stock 7 speed hub/derailleur? Do you recommend upgrading the stock spokes? Below are some of the main items I plan to prep for the build.

-clean out the tank before installation
-swap out hardware
-grease the gears

Any additional information that you can think of that may help the build is much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Mike

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum!!!!! Upgrade your wheels to something stronger!! you can get a nice set for a bit more than 100

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
howdy Mike. I Love the PBs. Dang beautiful with a china girl on em. The front fender is gonna fail and try to kill you! The way I fortify em is drill holes and use Ubolts. There are a ton of great ideas and how-2s here but please, please dont ride your PB with out looking into this. Folks are gonna say stuff about cheap bikes and alum frames but I put 6K miles+ and 4 motors (at different times) on one and the only thing that killed my PB was hitting a pot-hole at speed 2ce. (May She rest in peace) LOL, the tires still had tread too. http://motorbicycling.com/f11/another-tale-fender-failure-10191.html Just a lil horror story to scare ya. Really is my intent.

But back to funner stuff, the PB is awesome! http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm48/dan3xd/picbyLaura-1.jpg

Have fun and ride safe!

.flg.

mhomewood

Apr 17, 2011
Prescott
Thanks for the replies guys. Ill be sure to look into some HD wheels. And thanks for the heads up about the fender Dan. I will for sure add some support them.

Have a good one.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Your more then welcome buddyro. Kinda a cool thing about the lunatics who build and ride our things. They (we and now you) are all about half a bubble off plumb, but to the good.

Varied like ya wouldn't believe. Doctors, lawyers, truck drivers and former/future inmates. And every one will go out of their way to help out a fellow MBer. Just kinda cool. Is a really great club. LOL, I try to keep it a secrete, but carry biz cards with the addy to here. Half a bubble off plumb.

mhomewood

Apr 17, 2011
Prescott
Hey guys, I finished my bike, well..... bikes. My girlfriend wanted one also, so one project turned into two. Turned out to be a pretty easy project. The worst part was trying to tune the carbs. The kits I bought came with the CNS carbs. After a little reserch I discovered that they are pretty much junk so I got a couple NT carbs. Problem solved. We have been riding the **** out of them. I threw my chain a couple times. A little alignment change and no problems since. Thanks to you all for the tips and insight. I posted a couple pics of the bikes. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Mike