Soon To Be A Rider,I Think...

GoldenMotor.com

moped1

Feb 28, 2011
WestCoast Oregon
Hi all, I live on the West Coast in Rainy town Oregon. Haven't checked with local Law men yet,but from what I understand I should be able to have a Motorized bike with under a 50cc engine and only travel under 30 miles an hour.(with a Class C driving License) Soon as I find out then MAYBE I'll buy one of those bolt on 48cc's and not drive my 1982 280ZX(save some gas) Any Idea's for a New guy.Thanks all and hope to learn from all of you.Oh one more thing, I noticed all the Emoticons Below of the people riding bikes, WHY aren't any of them wearing bicycle approved helmets? Safety First.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Keep us informed of the progres on your proposed build.
I assure you, most of us do wear helmets. It just makes good sense. Even at pedal bike speeds a brain bucket is a good idea. At 25 and 30...it is essential.
Good luck, ride safe.
Tom

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Welcome to the fun, glad you could join us!!

I noticed all the Emoticons Below of the people riding bikes, WHY aren't any of them wearing bicycle approved helmets? Safety First.

1. They were created in the reminiscence of times passed when safety was a running second to freedom.

2. They don't bleed out when they body-slide across pavement while being erased.

.flg.

Last edited: