new Corpus Christi member

GoldenMotor.com

bigbird1219

Feb 24, 2011
corpus christi, tx
Hey guys and gals,

My name is Sean, I am from Corpus Christi, Tx. I don't haven't ridden a MB before but i am really interested in getting started. I don't believe the law enforcement really cares about people riding them anywhere here since i see people tearing it up everywhere down here. I am a college student at TAMUCC and i think this would be a neat way to get to and from school and around town. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

a few quick questions:
1. Does anyone have any problems with theft or people messing with their engines?

2. I am looking at an 80cc engine from ebay, any thoughts?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum BigBird, glad you joined us.

No I have never had anyone mess with my motor. And I never deal with Ebay so I would not know.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I think these bikes are great for students if you realize that they are not Toyotas, and will require some regular bolt tightening.
The motor size limit in TX is 40cc (according to the goped statute).
If you get a larger motor than that, and most of us do, make sure the engine displacement
is not visible anywhere on the motor and dont carry any paperwork with you that shows the displacement.
You will definitely need to lock your motorbike to the bike rack with a good cable lock.
I have had no problem with anybody attempting to steal the motor or other attached parts.

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
People usually don't bother my bikes too much. Ocasionally someone will actually sit on it, but I'm most often close enough to give them the stink eye and they get off. Mostly all they do is honk the horn or work the levers. Honestly there are some people who can see perfect but can't help looking with their hands. You learn to live with it or not take it out in public areas.

bigbird1219

Feb 24, 2011
corpus christi, tx
well i've been tinkering and replacing cheap parts on my bike now for about a month and i think i have gotten it to pretty good place in terms or reliability and performance. anyways, on to a few pics