First time building

GoldenMotor.com

MOTORBIKEDREAMS

Dec 22, 2010
San Diego
Hey MotorBike Dreams here and im a first time builder and its all I can think about.I just bought a poo poo pipe for my 2 stroke(dont know what type of engine prob chinese)but the poo poo pipe looks like it was made by a 2 year old it doesnt fit on the motor flush and the bends are all wrong.So it sticks out from where it attaches to the engine about 1/8 inch i already put two gaskets to make up for the bigger gap that was already there.My question is should I put more gaskets to fill the gap?dance1.trk.trk.trk

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the fourm. You've found the source for help with any aspect of building your bike.
If you're handy with metal working you could consider making a new, thicker gasket from aluminum or better yet, copper. Copper gaskets are available from a couple of the vendors here but they are only about 1/8" thick.
Filing the exhaust flange surface flat would also help assure you have a good sealing surface to work with.
Hope these suggestions help but you'll probably get more from other members.
Tom

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
hello, welcome to the forum.....i'd have to say your best bet is to become friends with someone who owns an oxy/acetaline torch, and have them bend the tube to match the bike dimensions.....i had to do that with my bike and the "long" expansion chamber i got from gasbike.net.....ended up still not right and i just scrapped the project due to issues with the motor.....and a hammer......and some bushes.....and a brick.....long story short, get some heat on that puppy and make a couple bends till it fits right.