New Q-Matic ?? 2-Matic ???

GoldenMotor.com
Ah! A vintage 2 speed go cart clutch system.

Sadly the vintage system basically went from 2 X 1 to 1 X 1 and would be way to much for motorbike use.

Of course like most vintage American designed and mfg. products it did work.

The current 2 speed in testing shares a few of the vintage concepts but none of the parts used in the older version.

The current 2 speed prototype uses 2 Max Torque clutches [one to connect & one to shift], 2 primary belts, modern day bearing drives, hubs suspended on hardened bearing races, outer bearing support, and the ability to alter the shift speed via alternate parts. Part of the new design centers around working on both low and hi RPM motors.

We are currently working on by-passing the drive clutch with the secondary drive belt, just haven't found enough extra time to fabricate the needed parts and test [snowed here today, not normal]in good weather.

Our major concern is to be able to make the 2 speed at the lowest possible cost and still use American labor & parts.

Have fun,

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Ah! A vintage 2 speed go cart clutch system.

Sadly the vintage system basically went from 2 X 1 to 1 X 1 and would be way to much for motorbike use.

Of course like most vintage American designed and mfg. products it did work.

The current 2 speed in testing shares a few of the vintage concepts but none of the parts used in the older version.

The current 2 speed prototype uses 2 Max Torque clutches [one to connect & one to shift], 2 primary belts, modern day bearing drives, hubs suspended on hardened bearing races, outer bearing support, and the ability to alter the shift speed via alternate parts. Part of the new design centers around working on both low and hi RPM motors.

We are currently working on by-passing the drive clutch with the secondary drive belt, just haven't found enough extra time to fabricate the needed parts and test [snowed here today, not normal]in good weather.

Our major concern is to be able to make the 2 speed at the lowest possible cost and still use American labor & parts.

Have fun,
I'm waiting for this 2 speed kit to debut for sale, the 2 speed is the reason why I haven't bought the EZM kit yet. I can't wait :D

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
from what I understand,,,
the 2 speed will be offered as an upgrade to the Q-Matic only (at first),,,
it is designed to be easily retro-fitted to the auto with only a few parts being changed
(all you add is a different outside bearing carrier, 2-belt front pulley, the new 2-clutch setup, and a couple of belts)

,,,I was told by Quenton, the delay is due to high bids from machine shops on making the clutch parts needed (and he is very busy, with little time for testing),,,

here's hoping this can be made affordably available to us soon !!! (^)

Last edited:

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
i dont even have this hobby no more
but i got an email notification for this thread
all i can think is that this thread is over a year and a half old
i wouldn't expect anything

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I'm waiting for this 2 speed kit to debut for sale, the 2 speed is the reason why I haven't bought the EZM kit yet. I can't wait :D
Ditto on that. The noise on my hoot is starting to wear on me. I was leaning towards a Staton gearbox but there isn't much testimony about them to take a chance. I want something quiet for my quiet little 4 cycle.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi thanks form asking, we are buried in building q-matics as of this writing, and the 2-matic is currently shelved in favor of supplying the needed q-matics to Dealers and the public.

I would like to hear how well yours might be working?

Mike

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hi thanks form asking, we are buried in building q-matics as of this writing, and the 2-matic is currently shelved in favor of supplying the needed q-matics to Dealers and the public.

I would like to hear how well yours might be working?

Mike
The tandem build is currently shelved as I'm waiting on a new Q-matic for it.......how much longer Mike?

scotto-

dnut

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me, are the good people at EZMotorbike Co. working on a Q-matic or SilentDrive transmission compatible with engines that have a clutch like the Robin-Subaru EHO 35cc? Thankyou.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Excuse me, are the good people at EZMotorbike Co. working on a Q-matic or SilentDrive transmission compatible with engines that have a clutch like the Robin-Subaru EHO 35cc? Thankyou.
Hi Zean, I believe we're working on the latest version Q-matic with the new balanced pulley.

dnut