Just won my motor on ebay

GoldenMotor.com

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
Just won the bid on ebay for... http://cgi.ebay.com/LATEST-JET-SILVER-80CC-BICYCLE-MOTOR-ENGINE-KIT-BIKE_W0QQitemZ330340259568QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ce9d056f0&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A30
dance1
Now I have to hit the yard sales this weekend for a better choice of bike to mount it on. I found a Schwinn mountain bike in a junk pile a couple weeks ago but it needs lots of love to get it ridable. I should be able to find a better deal than that. But if not I guess it will have to do. It needs a new derailer, chain, hand grips (but I think new ones come in the motor kit), cables. Come to think about it, that doesn't sound like to big of a shopping list.:-||

I'm getting excited. I hope this turns out to be an easier project than my failed (so far) but not abandoned attempt to get my moped running.cvlt1

Last edited:

Norco John

May 26, 2009
Brookston, IN
You won't need the derailleurs. After about a week of not shifting gears I picked a rear cog that was suitable for starting-off and made a single-speed out of mine.